1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why didn't we FIRE NORV WHEN WE HAD THE ****IN CHANCE!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 19, 2009.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS ****** IS STILL WEARING A BOLT ON HIS JACKET!!!

2. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm sorry. I've tried defending Norv Turner, but I can no longer do it. He's got to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Its not just Norv it starts at the top.......We have declined over the past three years...........here it is fans!!!!!!!!!!

4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh now that are season had to go!!! Maybe we'll get some good draft picks if NoRV has his way... Maybe that was his plann all along!

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The Beathard over Boss Ross fiasco has repeated itself.

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Rivera need's to go, too!
    Cromartie need"s to put on a dress. What a Pu$$ie he is! :yes:

Disgusting!

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

?? What game were you watching? Cro played pretty damn good tonight sorry.....Gotta find someone else this time to blame it on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I wanted Ross to stay, I didn't want Marty to stay, but I agree that AJ is becoming Beathard 2.0, maybe is time for him to go :icon_shrug:, yes he's brought this team out of the cellar but he's no longer drafting well and he's signing extension for guys that don't deserve them (except Rivers of course), if he stays he need to go into free agency, get some nasty linemen

• Like Like x 1
  9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    **** NORV! He was given the keys to a Cadillac and he drives it like a ****ing YUGO!

HE set up a losing culture here in San Diego, just like we knew he would the day he started. This team has gotten softer and stupider every day he's been here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    NORV

11. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Some guys have it, some don't. Norv should be a OC where he is championship caliber. But he is an uninspiring person and these are young impressionable men that need inspiring. He is not head coach material.

This was his last chance and it is clear he has blown it. Unless these guys got some miracle up their azz he has got to be gone. Simple as that.

Not a big fan of mid-season coaching changes but clearly it is the only thing that has any chance whatsoever to salvage the season. If we are below .500 at midseason I expect the trigger will be pulled.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Sorry that I;m not the guru that you are.:icon_rofl:

Cromartie is a pu$$y. I'm not blaming him for the loss.

13. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    word

• Like Like x 1
  14. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    One can only hope. Hey, what have we got to lose?

15. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

So is Weddle, Phillips, Burnett, Merriman, Castillo, and Gregory.....Shall I keep going?

16. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Like I said befor, Cro is great when the ball is in the air. Unfortunately YOU STILL HAVE TO TACKLE! He's a *****. And should where a dress. Your supposed to stop the guy from catching the ball. That's his job. Its also his job to stop the ball carrier. News flash people, Tackling doesn't have to be hitting. Wrap up, swip the legs, sacrifice you body but do something to stop the ball carrier from getting more yards! Cromartie would be sooo good if he would just figure this out.

17. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Excellent post...I could not agree more!

18. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

Were you referring to when he was getting up off the ground before or after Scheffler was behind him....Sorry but if Weddle can cover a average TE like Scheffler then his is a *****.

19. Scott the Rock

Ratings:
    +130
    Dont agree with this. Weddle may not be a super player but when you see him, he is ussually getting up from the ground. Meaning he threw his body at someone or lunged at someone or dove. Unlike your boy cro who you usually see standing with his arms at his hips like a girl.

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I only saw part of the thrid and all of the forth quarter...Cro was not the problem from what I saw. Our freaking O-line, and our lack of pass rush will be the death of this team.

21. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Well you can go ahead and label 3/4 of this defense to that.....The only one that knows how to tackle is Jammer...other than that they all look like *****es if thats your guys definitions.

22. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Thank You! Cro is just the easy face to blame losses on know or to call out. But frankly this defense played decent tonight.

Yes he not the best tackler, but his play tonight was dramatically improved.

23. Scott the Rock

Ratings:
    +130
    I agree. That's why I said he would be really good if he could tackle. I also posted earlier that if we dont get Phillip some protection soon he will get his shoulder popped. :no: That would suck.

24. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    We need to hire a HC with some balls, and some winning experience. Someone who can light a fire under the ENTIRE team. Someone with guts who can take this team (with the talent we have) and give us at least 2 SB in the next 5 years. Someone like Cowher, but of course he won't come here, that's why I say Gruden.

I would keep Norv as the OC but only if HE QUITS RUNNING SPROLES UP THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's 5 ft 6, give it to TOLBERT, or LT if you are going to run.

F**K it, hand the ball off the GATES. :icon_shrug:

25. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

The play worked one time against Chokeland, and now the offensive guru seems to think that it will work every week.

26. loranimal

loranimal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The team gathered in the locker room as they usually do on Wednesday mornings. Fifty-two players should have been so boisterous and noisy that each would need to shout to hear his own voice - but that wasn't the case today. The air was so thick with disappointment that the pads on their shoulders felt ten pounds heavier than usual. The feeling was oppressive, and the last place that any one of these players wanted to be was here in this quiet locker room, waiting for practice to begin after another miserable display on their home turf Monday night. What made matters worse is the feeling that the opportunity for greatness that this once talented team had firmly in its grasp was now quickly becoming a memory. That loss was a churning ball of rancid meat in the pit of L.T.'s stomach, as he came to the realization he had held at bay since the middle of last season - his shot at the title was lost. The dream he was so sure to achieve just four years ago was a thing of the past. This team was now officially in "rebuilding mode"; and "rebuilding mode" was not designed for thirty year old running backs. This was the end. It was time to gracefully exit this game and let the rebuilding begin. He would do it for the sake of the franchise, and he would not waste another moment dreaming. L.T. turned toward his locker and began to take off the practice jersey he donned less than five minutes ago. This would be the last time he would have to stare into this old blue locker. As he untied the sturdy cord that tightened his shoulder pads, he sensed that something wasn't quite right behind him. The locker room filled moments ago with the quiet shuffling of pads buckling, helmets snapping, and the soft ruffling of jerseys was now completely silent. It was as if he was now the only player in the entire training facility. The down and out half back turned to see what was wrong and immediately felt the powerful legs that had plowed through hundreds of defensive linemen and backs turn to putty and buckle beneath him. He closed his eyes tightly to clear away the hallucination that stood before him; but when he opened them again, the tall, older gentleman still stood before him. The next few seconds seemed to last an eternity for L.T as his old coach opened his mouth to softly speak............ "Men, there's a gleam.....".

27. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Bolts4life and Thread Killer were right from Day One.

Norv Turner sucks. He needs to go.

28. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Most people weren't as concerned with B4L's message as much as they were/are with his delivery.

Although, right about now I wouldn't care if every thread were hijacked with the message.

29. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Can't argue with that. :lol:

Hollywood, you saw through Norv earlier than most, and you have stood your ground.

Maybe there's still time for Norv to prove his detractors wrong. It is possible but I doubt it.

30. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I saw through Norv from day 1.