1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why does that always happen?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Andres M188, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Andres M188

Andres M188 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    It's not even a McCoy thing. These little f_ck ups always happened with Norv and Marty.

2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    No, it is coaching. Norv Turner and Mike McCoy are identical. Stubborn, pricks who think there coaching actually works.

• Like Like x 2
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Losing culture.

What other rationalization can there be? Injuries galore, shanked extra points, dumb penalties, phantom penalties, dropped passes, this game had it all.

4. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    All starts up top, too. Thanks Spanos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    And the division keeps winning. Oh well. They stink. It sucks because there is a glimmer on the defensive side. I thought our D was going to win this game today and that's great once in a while. Nope. Couldn't stop them on that 4th down in the 4th with 2 minutes to play. All they had to do was stop them from converting a long 1st down. uuugh.

6. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Same 'ol sh*t. :poop::poop::poop: 2016-09-25 19.09.45.jpg

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Rivers had a bad game, but I really feel for him and what he's had to deal with the last 4 years. Nobody trusts this coaching staff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    And really, that's on Spanos, because no matter how much he tries to sell "Oh, I brought Ron Wolf in to consult on the hiring process"... he's still the one making the decision, and there's no doubt that many of the same qualities he loved in Norv, he saw in McCoy as well, which is what made him attractive.

9. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    This team is cursed. I've seen a curse before-The curse of Bobby Layne- while growing up a Detroit Lions fan. Stupid ownership is a curse in itself and sadly just having Deano and his family of stooges around is enough to bring bad karma down on the team. Philip Rivers- in the first half- was a total mess. I'm glad he settled down in the second half. I'm just trying to enjoy this last season of SAN DIEGO Chargers football- but the boys are making it an effort in self control. MY BP was running pretty hot during the last few minutes. That Henry dude... two big f-ups on the last two offensive plays... big flase start and then that crap-o-la fumble of his. He needs be given a blanket party by his teammates for those screwups... cost us our chance to win.

10. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    We really have one of the worst ownership groups in football. It's so bad and embarrassing and leaves you no hope for the future or for them to get it right down the road.

The fact they waited until McCoy reached the last year of his contract before they let him walk, tells you just how weak this ownership group is, and how they're not committed to winning.

11. Andres M188

Andres M188 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Out next head coach needs to be someone that has been making big decisions in the NFL for awhile. I want to see some big time coaching credentials. I saw a report on NFL.com last season about how older coaches that are brought on as HC have better success then the young guys who had been coaching under an established hall of famer. Nothing that McCoy did in Denver impressed me to be honest. Yeah, he had Tebow as a QB but that was a fluke season.

Update: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ebook-mike-zimmer-bruce-arians-head-nfl-trend

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    The fish rots from the head....... Bad ownership begets bad organization.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Todd Haley and Josh McDaniels have been my top choices since last year. Nothing has changed, and most likely won't in 2017 when we are looking for our next head coach.

14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Jim Harbaugh no coach would be better. Instill a winning attitude from day 1.

15. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    His coaching style appeals more to the college game rather than the NFL. He rubbed a lot of players the wrong way his last season or two in San Fransisco, and his demand for power when it comes to football operations made teams look away from Harbaugh. There is a reason why he is coaching in college.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    #Chargers

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Rivers has held that offense together despite it being absolutely decimated by injuries.

That said, today he threw numerous uncharacteristically terrible passes to wide open guys...
    that, if he had just been his normal self, would've given the team a significant margin of victory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andres M188

Andres M188 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Spanos is sitting on a f'n goldmine... no way he sells the team right now... I still don't think any city in any market should ever pay for a stadium though. It just doesn't make sense to me. There is no capital gain that justifies it. I'm ramblin'... Spanos!!! You f***!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Ok so I was at this game. Even the Colts fans sitting by me were saying how many 3rd and long phantom penalties we got. It was seemingly every time we stopped them on 3rd down we got a defensive holding penalty. I'm not saying all of them were phantom, but some were just flat out ridiculous.

The unsportsmanlike conduct on Rivers in the 4th for jaw jacking was ridiculous. I see more than that happen from the majority of the NFL after about every 3rd play. That took 4 points off the board.

Overall it was our own dumbass mistakes, a crap ton of phantom calls, and our in-ability to hold on to the ball

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    I really wish I wasn't a fan of this franchise

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    Uncharactically bad balls, and some straight drops on some that were fine. What a mess.

22. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    That's the upside to a potential move to LA... it would be an easy emotional break with them and I just wouldn't have to care (actually- not true, I would then care that they lose. By a lot. Always). And at that point I could align myself with a better franchise.

Unfortunately my years of SD fandom has given me an aversion to front runners, so I would most likely throw my hat in with dorm other woebegone franchise and continue being miserable.

23. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    Both Norv and Marty managed 10+ wins on more than one occasion. McCoy offers the terrible games without the corresponding peaks.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    I hear that...I really don't want the LA move but I'm done if they do. It will take some time for me not to care as there will be players there that I have invested in but eventually I won't.

So true, add to that my soccer team is one of the worst in the world. See you on the Cleveland forum...;)

25. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Spanos fires Marty after a 14-2 regular season?!? Lots of people want to complain about Marty's playoff conservatism but mostly it was bad kicker (Kaeding), and Marlon McCrea (just bat the ball down on a fourth down!)

26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    It is! When you have an owner who treats his team as a business, its dollar driven. You treat a team as a team its success driven.

27. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Marty was fired because after losing almost half of his coaching staff, he wanted to bring his brother in. He was told no. That's why he was dismissed.

28. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    I am from NY and sumhow got suckered into becoming a charger fan :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    *is in Scotland*

*realises it has been over thirty years*

*is nuts*

;)

• Like Like x 2
  30. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    I always heard there was one guy out there who actually chose the Chargers without actually being born into the bondage of San Diego sports. Nice to meet you!