1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Give Safety?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reef shark, Oct 1, 2006.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    does marty think hes bill belichick all of a sudden? WTF? NEVER GIVE POINTS TO AN OPPONENT!!!! our defense is amazing. they gave up 2 scores the whole game, and yet u doubt them when it counts. **** you, sd offensive coaching staff. you are incometent. put me in there, i will do better.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    I actually think in a way it was a good idea

It forced the Ravens into worse field position hten punting into your endzone and based on hte Ravens position htey literally were going to send everyone back to block for Sams.
    It was the best in a pair of bad situations

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    The secondary was unable to stop them the entire 4th quarter. It probably wouldn't have mattered one way or another.

4. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    of course it mattered. it was points. marty gave them, 2 points. what is this? if we have to watch LT run repetitively then why do we gotta watch a "self safety"? our D was due. never bet against our defense.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    ****, I'll bet against our D everytime we go into SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA-MARTY-CONSERVATIVE MODE.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    I think the safety was good idea, with it the ravens still needed a td to take the lead it just made it harder for them (giving them worst field position) to score that TD, also, at that time Scifres was hurt, who know if the ravens could have blocked a punt from the endzone

The only problem would have been if the Chargers had more time at the end of the game and had scored a FG that would have tied it instead of winning it

7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Our punter was racked up and facing a kick from his own end zone .

The Ravens had failed to move the ball on our defense the entire game.

Taking the safety was smart.

8. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    :yes:

9. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    The key on that was the time keeper failed to start the clock on the play until we ran out of the end zone then he ran off 1 second. The refs changed that and ran off 3 however I think we got short changed a few seconds.

All in all if we had tackled McNair when we had him in the defenders grasp not once but twice or if we had converted on those FG we win on the road.