1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why Is Peanut Brittle So Freaking Addictive?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buck Blincoe, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The bride brought home a pound of peanut brittle yesterday. Earlier this morning I opened the box and started munching on the stuff....I CAN'T STOP!!!

Sees make the best peanut brittle, but I'm not sure if there is a bad peanut brittle...it's like sex....none of it is really bad, some is just better than others.

Do you guys addict to peanut brittle when it's around?

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I definitely do. Especially the REALLY good stuff from my uncle's girlfriend's daughter's company in my hometown of San Antonio, Texas.

My favorite is coconut peanut brittle. Second favorite that they make is cinnamon pecan brittle.:drool:

Yummo.:nana_rock:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    OK. I need to get out of bed and get something sweet to get this ikky flu taste out of my mouth.

Thanks for the motivation!! :tup:

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Bite size Butterfingers...mmmm...:tup:

5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I LOVE peanut brittle. I only eat it at Christmastime, though.

My mother made some of the best peanut brittle on earth, but alas, she is no longer with us, and even though I've got her recipe, I can't make the stuff fit to eat. It's one of the two things I can't cook, yeast bread being the other. So I either wait till I get to See's Candies, or I buy the Sophie Mae brand, which pales in comparison but is better than nothing.

~urp~ I'm still so full from Thanksgiving dinner that I don't think I wanna eat again till New Year's.........I had 14 people here today, and every single one of us just about ate ourselves into a coma yet somehow we STILL have 3 pies left, half a turkey, three-quarters of a pumpkin cheesecake, and enough potatoes to feed an Army platoon.:icon_eek:

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Having grown up in peanut country, I've eaten peanut brittle all of my life. A local company in Sedley, VA makes a chocolate-covered peanut brittle that is more addictive than anything I've ever consumed. I'll look for the company name & post it.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408