1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why McCree has to go

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Alpenbolt, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Uh - because he sucks this year? :icon_shrug:

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oh yeah - while you're shaking up the starting line-up, Norv, START WEDDLE!!!!!!!

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Past due. But it appears Norval can only focus on one thing at a time. Perhaps this is the week he focuses on Mother McCree's deficiencies.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Hart should go first, move him back into a backup role
    Move Weddle to FS
    move Mcree to SS

6. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    So McCree can miss tackles from somewhere else on the field?

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    beats a guy who doesn't even show up to play

8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Well what do you expect? I mean the game is at 10am, you really expect a pro athlete to be ready to play at 10am???????

9. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Let's face it. Neither one of these guys is ever going to see a Pro Bowl, but if I have a choice, I'll bench the matador. We've seen all we're ever going to see of Mother, but Hart, at least, has a chance to still see the light. It's either that or put DFlo back in and see if Cro can play safety in a midseason switch next to Weddle. That would be taking an awful chance.

10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Why move Mcree to ss, we should want a ss that's not afraid to hit someone.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I feel like Cro has too much speed to waste at safety...

12. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    If we keep Flo past this year, we should give Oliver a shot at SS (weddle at FS)

13. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't disagree. That's why I defined it as a high risk move. However, if Oliver pans out as a starting corner then we could wind up with another Ronnie Lott next year if Cromartie makes the switch. If Hart hasn't peaked as a player and he can improve over time then he can stay put. It's hard to say whether Hart's problems stem from playing next to the overrated McCree or his own deficiencies. Next to someone more dependable like Weddle, he might show better on the field. Otherwise, having a guy like Cromartie who can man up with any Tight End in the league would be a real advantage at safety. His speed would also be an immense advantage in run support and blitz packeages, especially when you think what he could do in that regard with Merriman and Phillips. DFlo is history after this season. Right now, without any real knowledge of how Oliver is progressing, I wonder if he should be tried at nickel instead. Weddle and Oliver are guys who appear to know where the ball is and when to move toward it. He also appears to be a good open field tackler. If we open up a lead in KC, I would love for Norval to insert him at nickel for a while to get a look at him and get him some seasoning. Be a good time to get him blooded by using him to double Bowe or Gonzales.

PS: I guess everyone thinks I'm nuts over trying Kassim at Safety and won't tell me to eat doo doo over concern for my delicate nature.