1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why must you boo the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by blitznd33, Oct 2, 2007.

1. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I've been jumping in and out of the threads and it's pretty sad to see "supposed" fans rip and boo at the Chargers. IMO, our job as the fan is back our team through the good and the bad. I see people complain about how much they spend on season tickets and the team is not winning. Was there a guarantee that we were going to win every game on the ticket? Fans boo at the game when there's a bad play. Your suppose to boo at the visiting team not the home team. I bet these are the same fans that don't know to shut up when the Chargers offense is on the field. I'll probably get ripped for this, but be fan in the good and the bad. I respect everyones opinion to analyze the team, but do it with some class and support you team...win or lose.:bolt:

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Booing is fine.

But fans chanting for Marty's return is just advertising their ignorance.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No it isn't. That's just letting AJ know how much he fuked up!!!

4. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    As fan you want to see your team win, booing the coach, demanding change are all part of it. It's like saying you don't support the USA just because you don't support the war, bush or any of other bullshit going on in DC. In fact questioning the coaches, demanding more and not accepting this **** is what a real fan is.

/goes for being a patriot too.

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I was booing because I was extrmemly displeased with the product on the field. Because I am paying a lot of money to watch my team, I will boo after we lose to an inferior team AT HOME.
    BTW, I know when to be quiet at the games, so pay up.
    What the Chargers are going through is not ok. If everyone is silent and blinded by being a fan when they are sucking, Spanos knows his stranglehold on our wallets is safe. We have to let him know we won't put up with this baloney, that it is NOT cool. I starved myself for a month so I could buy a season ticket, and quite frankly this garbage is not what I paid to watch. Would I be any less of a fan if I stayed at home to watch the games? Would've been a lot cheaper, I could cheer just as hard, and I would boo just as hard. I will support my team until the end, but to not boo suggests I am ok with the state of our club.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Not booing.......

Means you accept the fact that the Chargers are losing, and it shows that you like being the new laughing stock of the NFL.

We have gone from the Super Bowl, to the Tiolet Bowl in 4 Games, and you love that fact!

If you cant handle the booing, get earplugs, turn down the volume, or turn up your MP3 Player.

We are tired and we will not accept the way this team is playing!

Then again, I bet you are one of those that chant "LT LT LT" when we have the ball and the team comes up to the line of scrimage.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So why not a chant of "AJ sucks! AJ Sucks!"? That's getting right to the heart of the matter. Chanting Marty's name only makes Chargers fans look completely pathetic... pining for the days of blown playoff games against vastly inferior teams and cheesy pre-game speeches that start and end with "There's a Gleem!!" :lol:

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I booed my *** off. It's my right as a fan to let the team know that I am unhappy with the piss-poor effort and lack of passion they are showing.

After they embarrass themselves you would sit there and cheer? "Yeah boys!!! That's ok, we can beat them anyways!!!"

Isn't that what the cheerleaders are for? Fuq that.

9. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    This not a fan line is a bunch of BS. Everyone left here is a fan. Otherwise they would jumping on the bandwagon with a team that is actually WINNING.

Only fans would stick around through this crap, but you can't force them to like it. It's not like this was a 6-9 team last year and we were hoping for .500.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree with both sides.

It is a fans right to back their team through thick and thin. As it is the fans right to tell the team, coaches, front office and organization in general just how they feel.

I will vouch for EC. He is a die hard fan who like many of us wears his heart on his sleeve. He will boo the hell out of the bolts and still defend, support and love them. Anyone who questions that hasnt met the man, and that is your loss bevcause he is one hell of a man, and Charger fan.:yes:

Same with Trumpet_man. I bust his chops for being a flip flopper and a fair weather fan, but that is just what it is. Me busting my brothers chops. The man loves the Bolts and backs them. So he goes off the reservation from time to time, who doesn’t?:icon_shrug:

Football brings out emotions.:yes:

Back your team, or boo your team

IT IS YOUR TEAM!!!!:bolt:

11. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Ahh...my first red bomb.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    THERE'S A GLEAM!!!!! :lol:

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    [​IMG]

14. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

Like I said, I expected to get ripped and just wanted to voice my opinion on what I heard out in the stands. I'm not here to battle or judge anyone and I'm sorry if I came off like that. All your points have been taken and are thoroughly respected. :bolt:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not taking it as you are judging. Express yourself. With the losses, and the let down of high expectations we all have to try and be a little less aggresive with our posting. We are all suffering Chargers fans right now...

16. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I agree, the suffering sucks and if this 1st quarter of the season is any glimpse of the rest of the season we are all in for a long one. And if this a losing season, "knock on wood" & "salt over my shoulder," I will just hope for two more wins....over them damn Raiders.

17. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Next home loss to a crappy opponent everyone there should give the Chargers a golf clap as they exit the field and chat "we still love you" just to make them feel better about themselves.

right.

18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I would bet that if you took everyone who in here is a season ticket holder, and added up all the years, it would well over 250 Years combined. This is my 25th season. We were here when Ryan Leaf was playing, and we came back. We were here when they were 4 and 12 and 1 and 15. We have been here in the bad times. And last year was great. Now we have those same players, and now they can’t even make a simple play. The play sucks right now, and we have a right to let them know it!

There are a lot of Multi Millionaires out there playing, and they are not earning their pay!

19. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    :yes:

We stroked the players' egos, and helped fatten the owner's wallet. We want a return on our emotional and financial investments.:icon_evil:

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    These athletes have fragile egos. Maybe all they really need is a hug?

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    If thats all they need, can I get a refund on my remaining Tickets?

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That's what makes it so great!!!!

Say what you will about Marty but the fact is that Norv has turned a great situation into a train wreck!!!
    It's not pathetic at all. It's the stone cold truth!!!
    If you're happy with the way things are going, you're entitled to you opinion but I'm angry and flat out embarrassed!!!!

If Norv doesn't want to hear it, then he needs to coach the team!!!
    IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    If Norv doesnt want to hear it, then may I suggest winning a few Games

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

EXACTLY!!!!!!
    :tup: :abq2: :abq1: :bolt: :flag: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

I guarantee we would be quiet, and we would not be biatching about any of this.

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Considering that decent seats, a realistic purchase of concession goodies instead of the ludicrous stat used by the NFL and the parking charges for taking you and a couple other people to the game can easily cost over a couple hundred bucks for a Sunday diversion, the right to boo should be explicitly printed on the back of the ticket. In the present circumstance, those who aren't booing a game like this last one should probably consider a Buddhist monastery, there to contemplate the essential meaningless of reality.

• Like Like x 1
  27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

I became a season Ticket holder before the 1980 season began.

I have ridden that emotional rollercoaster for too long now. Its getting old, and it has lost its appeal now. I have earned that right to show my displeasure in the way this team is operating right now.

I have cheered for a Dan Fouts to JJ Touchdown, I was there to cheer a Jim McMahon Touchdown pass, I watched as Stan Humphries threw to Alfred Pupunu for a Pineapple express touchdown. I watched Mark Malone throw to Anthony Miller. I watched John Friesz hand off to Marion Butts.

And I am sure as hell going to voice my opinion on this whole mess we are in right now, because I plan on cheering for a touchdown from my seat, 10 years from now!

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Express it! that is why we are here!

We are all Charger fans, so long as we are not throwing the team under the bus of making statements like nothing in the history of San Diego sports in anything to be proud of, then it is all good!:tup:

29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:yes: :yes: :yes:

30. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

tell it C

:tup: