1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why THE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ghost_, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    WHY THE F*** CAN'T WE SCORE TD'S IN THE RED ZONE, GET THE PLAY IN ON TIME OR STOP GETTING STUPID *** PENALTIES.

My guess is most pep will say NORV!!!!
    but i cant can c it all be his fault

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know

But, they better fix it.

I'll say one thing, It seems like the offense feeds off the defense. When we play well on the D side we seem to get into an up tempo style on O.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to score from further out. Seems like when we are inside the 10 stuff is too clogged up. It sure doesn't help if Philip lolly pops em in there when he needs a laser.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody put in an emotionally-charged reactionary post before the game was over.
    1 - IDK. Rivers gets kind of excited and throws INTs or bad passes. A bad pass usually leads to a TD afterward. INT's suck though. We don't really have all that much trust in LT anymore in the red zone.
    2 - Philip River's audibles to the TE/WR corps in a number system, usually requires repeating and takes a long time.
    3- the players are excitable. The coaches try to reform but sometimes they just can't help it - anything to win right? When it's late hits and that type of stuff it's probably just emotion.

5. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree and it was Merriman that kept the emotion high on the defense. I don't think that there is an emotional leader on either side of the ball right now. Look what happened when Rivers threw the ball to LT and it was a bad throw they didn't want to talk to each other after the play. WTF

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no question that LT and PR will not ever be best pals

:icon_sad:

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

O-line play.

Guess Norv has to be Hc, OC, QB coach, and now O-line coach.

O ya and he doesn't inspire the defense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

****** run blocking, it's kind of hard to score in the redzone all the time when you can't rely on the running game gaining any yards. Back in 06 when we were dominant in the redzone LT was getting huge holes to run through, this year not so much.

9. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.....the question is why??

10. n0b0dysp3cial

n0b0dysp3cial BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

It was frustrating to see the Chargers play like this, and it's sad that the only thing that was entertaining me throughout the game was this older lady in tight shorts... :unsure:

But anyways...

Play calling on offense could've worked, but Rivers made some bad throws. Not just the interceptions, but his rhythm was off and he wasn't throwing accurate passes. But on a positive note... even though Rivers threw some not so perfect passes Malcom Floyd was able to catch em and was very sure handed today. Stat-wise... Rivers did good with 300+ yards, 2 TDs

Who knows maybe it was the weather... it was kind of windy.

The defense I think has some potential. The problem still is the lack of a pass rush, and also the corners playing far back... especially on a 3rd and 5. I believe it was Cro who was playing 10 yards back when all they needed was 5. I don't know... but they have some potential because they made some adjustments in the 2nd half and force some three and outs... without a pass rush... which I think once Rivera could fire up one... maybe we got something.

Just remember change doesn't happen overnight, and this is technically Rivera's first game... so hopefully he'll cook up something a lot better in Pitt... doesn't have much time... but lets just wait and see.

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

The departure of LoNeal?

I can't figure it out either... besides that and the Oline dealing with injuries early on. Maybe Goff's knees are worse than we know? I dunno... :icon_shrug:

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea, maybe it's a combo of Hardwick with the injury, Goff, no loneal and Clary isn't really the greatest run blocker.

So really we have McNeil and Dielman, which isn't really enough. We need to get a stud RG for next season, it'd help take the pressure off of Hardwick and maybe give LT or Sproles more room to work with up front.

13. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

There is some talk of moving Clary to right guard, provided we can find a decent tackle.

14. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

As was said in the Game Day Thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wrbanwal
    I think our problem in the running game is PREDICTABILITY!!!

If I can see it coming, then I'm sure the guys that get paid big bucks can see it

Originally Posted by SD Native WY
    I agree and it seems like almost every play is predictable......WHY????????

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the biggest part of it, IMO. We've given no one any reason to respect our ground game this year.

Bring back Lo!!!!!!! :tup:

16. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready....

Shane Olivea?
    *ducks for cover*

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Predictable?

I only counted our 1st down play attempts. I did not count the times Rivers was sacked, or when he took a knee. And there was also a Reverse attempt. There were also some fumbles and Interceptions on 1st down, and I did not count those.

On 1st down LT has run the ball 94 times, Sproles has run the ball 19 times, Tolbert has run the ball 4 times, Hester has 1 carry, and Phillip did one Quarterback sneak.

Rivers has threw the Football 94 times, 61 of those were for a completion, and the other 33 times it was an Incompletion. Would you like to know how many of those Completions went to LT?

12 times he caught the ball, and there were 6 times where an incompletion occurred.

And as everyone knows, positive yards on 1st down dictate what you can do for the rest of that series of downs. If you are always faced with 3rd and long, chances are you are going to be punting a lot.

18. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

so, what are you trying to say here?

we can throw stats at the problem all we want.

All I know is that EVEN I CAN TELL when this team is going to run the ball.

and as for the passing game, just because we lead the league in insert stat here, It doesn't look anything like the well oiled machine we got used to seeing.

imo

:icon_sad:

19. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    The point is are we successful at what we are doing is LT getting the yards we are used to seeing him get. The answer is NO. I could make all kinds of analogies about it but they would be wasted attempts at having people see that proper adjustments have not been made for this team to be successful with the players they have. Stats are just that and the stats said we should have kicked KC's Arse. Did we the answer is NO.

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    WhyTHE F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

We are too predictable. The whole world knows we are going to give LT the ball.