1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why we lost

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Jan 14, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    First of all I would like to say that whatever you are feeling, AJ Smith is feeling it 10 times as much.

-Bullshit officiating, as big of a screw job as the seahawks got last year in the superbowl.
    -Clinton Hart dropped int
    -Cam Cameron stupid reverse call in field goal range, knocks us out and we punt
    -Shane Olivea blown block on Vrabel 4th down
    -Mike Goff misses block on Vrabel on screen for LT
    -Handoff to Lorenzo Neal on 3rd and short in 2ndQ
    -Carlos Polk 15 yard facemask
    -overruled Parker catch
    -Donnie edwards offsides penalty
    -Wade Phillips prevent last 2 mins of 1st half
    -bullshit holding penalty on goff
    -drayton florence taunting call which should have been offset because of retaliation
    -personal foul blow to the head on parker, uncalled
    -marty calls for timeout before 2pt conversion, refs dont give it to him
    -3 uncalled clotheslines on merriman, two by kaczur one by light

This is ****ing unacceptable and there will be blood. It relieves me to imagine what must be going through AJ's mind right now, because that guy must be even more infuriated than I.

Predictions:

Marty gets the axe undeservedly.
    Cam Cameron leaves to coach
    Wade Phillips becomes head coach and thankfully is relieved of his defensive coordinator duties
    Greg Manusky gets some sort of promotion
    Steve Crosby gets the axe
    Chargers use more 4-3 next year
    Drayton Florence gets the axe
    Mike Goff gets the axe
    Terrence Kiel gets the axe
    Carlos Polk gets the axe
    Donnie Edwards gets the axe
    McCardell is a reserve next year
    We resign Dielman
    Someone is brought in to compete with Olivea
    Someone is brought in to compete with Igor
    We draft a wide receiver early
    We draft a safety early

2. OzwaldEMandiuis

OzwaldEMandiuis Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    You forgot to mention a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, and then we can get another Dan Henning or Kevin Gilbride as coach. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    I'll don't have such a long list, only:

1) Parker's play (muffed punt, trying to pick it up instead of falling on it and some dropped passes, he sucked today)

2) Florence's stupid penalty

3) McCree's fumble after the interception (although most DB's would go for the int)

5. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    i am not in favor of the 4-3 i prefer the 3-4. Donnie should NOT get the AXE, WADE PHILLILPS Should be removed from defensive coaching, wether that means he becomes head coach idk just get him out of there

6. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Sorry but the biggest reason we lost.

since we were ont he 40 yard line 4 times.

No real WR.. Common 5-7 dropped passes by Parker and a missed Punt.. Thats 15%+ of our total passes. AG had 2-3 guys on him..Whats the other Recievers excuse.. Sorry they cost us the game.

Kadeing didnt play that good either.

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Wade Phillips gets so much praise and I never know why. People hated me for calling him out as early as the Pittsburgh Steelers game this year. He is... I won't say HORRIBLE but he is a below average defensive coordinator. Teams have been piling on the points against us and yards too. Wade's scheme is all about limiting big plays and hoping for turnovers. It is too steady and it doesn't match our personel. We need a more wild and risk taking and more aggressive defensive scheme to suit our players.

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Kaeding was fine he deserves no blame whatsoever. McCardell is a ghost, we know that already.

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    1. Eric Parker. Yes Im calling this guy out. Dropped balls all day. Decided to try to pick up the ball instead of just recovering it. Leads to 3 points.

2. McCree's INT fumble. Leads to 8 points.

3. LT disappears after pretty much running all over the patriots defense.

Marty deserves to stay another year. Eric Parker needs to sit in the corner facing the damn wall!!!

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    How about just saying:

THE PLAYERS **** THE BED

and be done with it?

11. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Well look at it this way. Our offense is built around a great RB. Now we decide to open it up, we dont have any real receiving threats. Look to see the chargers draft a WR in April. McCardell is done. Injuries finally caught up to him. Parker didnt come to play today. The biggest bonehead decision wiped out a decent year he had. Rivers played his heart out. No more questions about his ability. LT was LT, until they decided he wasnt part of the team any more after he owned the patriots all day. Im fumed on the way we played today. Marty is NOT to blame.

12. Dg2004

Dg2004 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    why is it someone can say how we lost when all week i heard you couldn't lose??? What happened???Fact is playoff experience and coaching played a factor.I saw someone post how you lost b/c you have no receivers????**** what big time recievers and running backs does NE have??? Good luck in the pro bowl!!

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    The one thing that really bugs me is the fact that we gave the game away. Mental mitakes like Florence's 15 yarder, dropped balls, fumbles and such.

They didnt play like they had all season long. Not on O, not on D. That is frustrating for me.

But it doesnt take away from the magic of the season we have had. It is a terrible way to lose, and horid way to end such a magical season.

But LT's run for the record, the development of our secondary, the outstanding play of our LBs. That is what I will remember.

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Draft a WR in April??? But two weeks ago everyone said mtl is an idiot for suggesting we spend our 1st rounder on a wide receiver? It can't be :no:

Keenan McCardell get the **** off my team, Eric Parker stay in the slot and Robert Meachum, come on down boy.

15. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Dude .. if Wade is in fact head coach next year (and I think it will be Cam if Schot is let go), there is no way in hell we run more 4-3. The 3-4 is Wade's thing .. always has been.

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    If Cam is our head coach we are ****ed he is horrible. He is a good o-coord but still has a lot to learn.

17. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    If one of these plays doesn't happen we win the game...

18. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Totally disagree .. Oh wait, maybe we should hire the other Schot .. :p

19. scottmo

scottmo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    U lost because U can't play Patriot Ball! It really is that simple. Colts have been coming around so they get to play Pats in AFC Championship. One day your team may get it and finally do something.......

20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    Welcome to the forum, sorry you only came her to spread hate.

21. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    bettcha marty is gone and they dont hire within, hope all goes well, i am not going to reserve my off season time keeping my info up but i do hope for the best.

22. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Too many people to blame. Chit. I'm pissed. Hated the 4th and 10 call, scratched my head on the the challenge Marty didnt make and then scratched my head on the challenge he did make and had no chance to get overturned. Though we should have played Marty ball on that second to last drive after LT got 6 on his first carry and less than 4 minutes left. We owned them on the line of scrimmage. Instead we pass pass punt. Take away any one mistake and we win. This should have been a blow out the way we dominated them at the LOS.

23. ghost

ghost BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    The reason we lost is 9 dropped passes. 9. Are we really going to go into next season with McCardell and Parker as our starting corp?

Plus, I've never seen turnovers in all phases of the game, offense, special teams, and even on defense.

24. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    We should not totally erase Marty Ball from our game plans. We needed it late in the fourth quarter with LT and Turner running on the Pats. They could not contain our running game. Mistakes cost us this game, and Brady and the Pats don't need help to win. Marty will probably be gone next year, whether he deserves it or not.