1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why we match up PERFECTLY with the Patriots

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jan 7, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    1. They are a 2 reciever offense with a bunch of TE's.
    We have very fast very physical linebackers and corners to handle them.

2. The Patriots D is slow, very slow. Which makes them good against the run, but very vulnerable to the pass.
    In their haste to stop LT, their slow linebackers will match up very poorly against a fast TE like Antonio Gates.
    Harrison also most likely wont play again, or if he does he wont be 100%

3. LT also matches up well in the slot against their big slow linebackers. And Turner can pound the ball.

4. Tom Brady has been horrible under pressure, the evidence is every time he gets it.
    The Chargers are the best at creating pressure.

5. The kicker, its in San Diego. The noise and excitement will disrupt the already mismatched offense of the Pats.

Tell me what you think about this.:abq2:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    1. That's somewhat valid but with Gaffney now coming out it might be three Wrs (Caldwell, brown, Gaffney) and their multitude of TEs (most worrisome though is Ben Watson)
    2. Its slow but A. they can be moved off the line and B. they do have good pass rushers in Vrabel, Colvin and Seymour
    3. Concur
    4. But he's still Brady and that means never take him for granted
    5. Concur

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    My biggest concern is if the pasties come out with that no huddle and score a coupla quick TDs.

We've gotten off to a slow start the last coupla weeks and if we do next week bellycheck could make us pay.

4. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I hope we see 2 back sets... with LT motioned out to slot and then mix it up, run pass etc.

On D I hope we play tight with lots of bump and run so we have time to get pressure..

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Manu and Gates will have to dominate to open up lanes for LT. I see a huge game for Marcus McNeil and Marlon McCree.

I am getting all giddy over this ****.....bad.....real bad.

I held my first gameday throwback and regular helmet today.

Destiny awaits.....

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Gaffney is a garbage WR, it wouldnt make a difference if he did. Florence or Cromartie could run circles around that guy hes so slow.

I thinkt the Pats take Brady for granted honestly, he seriously should have been picked off 3 or 4 times today. His stats dont show how sloppy he looked.