1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NatroneMeansBusiness, Oct 6, 2009.

1. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I am just wondering why we gave up a ton a draft picks for Jacob Hester and we don't let the guy ever run the ball? Why are we not giving him a chance? Why is it that M.B. does not even sniff the field we are the 32nd ranked rushing team in the NFL would he make us that much worse? Why are we calling HB draws on a 4th down against the Ravens when the game is on the line with a 5'6'' running back that weighs next to nothing? And I don't care if this is beating a dead horse why the hell did we hire Norv??????

• Like Like x 1
  2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    All valid points dude but I have no answers for you. I am as baffled as you are right now. From what I saw from LT on SNF things may look promising.

I see that he has atleast some of his pep back in his cuts. But our OLine is so bad right now and we were down so quickly that he only carried the ball I think 8 times.

But if I could answer that I would.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Same.

I have no ****ing clue wtf is going on on the sidelines, but someone better figure it the **** out.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    1. Our defense sucks

2. Our offense sucks

3. Our coaches suck

:popcorn:

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    4. Our owner and GM suck as well.....

6. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Notice how Bennet or Hester drag the first tackler(s) a good 2-3 yards before going down? LT and Sproles can't do this.

If they get 1 yard prior to contact, then they are at a 3-4 yard gain (3.5 avg). Now this gain times 2 is 7 yards. Looks like we could be consistently at 3rd and 3-4 every set of downs with either one of these RB's hammering the ball.

I think a monkey with a typewriter could figure this one out.

7. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I wouldn't say the offense sucks...I would say the play calling sucks.

We can score in bunches in a hurry but its hard to pass all game and expect to win.

We need to get LT, Sproles, someone in the game on the ground. Mix it up.

Hell one of the best plays to mix it up is that fake hand off on 3rd or 4th and short and pitch to a back running outside.

We just run right up the gut all the time, and when we do run off tackle we run the plays when they are blitzing in that gap.

The play calling is atrocious.

9. NatroneMeansBusiness

Ratings:
    +11
    Dude I am terrified that Rivers is going to get nuked behind that offensive line and we are going to be rolling with Billy V for the rest of the year... PR he is running for his f'ng life out there and its so as painful to watch him scramble in the pocket I get flashbacks of Stan "cement shoes" Humphries. Whenever PR has actual time in the pocket we get a flag on the field because Jeromy Clary is getting caught holding for the 3rd time in two quarters.

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

Sorry LT-Express, but I've watched this team from afar for several years now, I'm very very very disappointed.

for now

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Cause it's too much for Norv to handle.
    Think about it... it took a fan reminding Norv that we have Bennett. Norv used him in week 3 and it worked out well. LT's healthy and now Norv can't figure out how to also get Bennett involved in the game. So how do you expect him to get Hester involved?

We saw absolutely NONE of Bennett on Sunday night.

12. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

I've never seen Hester do that consistently against starters. Bennett was a scrub free agent who Chargers fans have some blind belief in based off of two carries in the Ravens game and a preseason performance. Give him any heavy load and he'll likely be done for the year. There's a reason why he couldn't keep a job till we picked him up last year.

And to answer the OP's question. We don't give Hester carries because he sucks. Hell, he's losing snaps at fullback to Tolbert once again, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's relegated entirely to special teams by the end of the year.

13. NatroneMeansBusiness

Ratings:
    +11
    B4L,

Cold hard facts...that is what I read when I read your post...I was going nuclear on SNF I was screaming for them to put in MB or Hester....hell let Tolbert have the rock anything to get a running game established... Perhaps Hester's strip for a TD will remind our twit HC that he is still on the roster.

14. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway? :icon_shrug:

15. NatroneMeansBusiness

Ratings:
    +11
    Its because we are playing Hester out of position...The guy is not cut out to be an NFL FB, he should be getting snaps as a RB. Furthermore we don't know that Hester is garbage (like we do for the WR we took in the first round that will go un-named) because we don't let him even carry the rock-period, we would rather do half back draws up the gut with D. Sproles...which makes about as much sense as going for it on 4th and 50.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    hopefully

17. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Sorry but I can't support AJ anymore in his philosophy.

Vikings bring in Jared Allen, Bernard Berrain a year ago. Now they bring in Favre. An aggressive GM but not to be mistaken with stupid decisions (Raiders, Skins).

I was all for building through the draft but it hasn't been happening lately. Sorry AJ but if we don't get to the superbowl I blame you and you should go, we need a change.

No offense to Conc and all you AJ believers, that's just how I feel.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    why does Donald Duck not wear pants but still comes out of the shower with a towel around his waist? :icon_tease: