1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wild Card Weekend: Numbers Crunching

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Jan 5, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Titans at Chargers (Sunday), 4:30 p.m. ET

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3178835

Intel Report ------

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/intel?gameId=280106024

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good report. It's hard to believe that we rank better against the pass this year - Thanks, Cro!! - but we have had a lot of injuries on the DL.

Now that everyone is healthy, I don't see the Titans ground game hurting us badly.

Let's just hope that the refs keep an eye out for "extracurricular" activity. :tdown:

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I'm concerned with thier run game. They have some big powerful backs. They have given us a business a bit this year. Granted, we have not really put our #1 D out there in full force that much this season. The good news is this...They have zero passing game IMO. We can stack the box and stop the run, and force the Titans to beat us in the air. :abq2:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    IDK - maybe I'm being too cocky, but the closer we get to this game, the more confident I feel of us winning.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    we're ranked 2nd against the pass but 19th against the run?

Can't we ever get that totally right where we are ranked as one of the best in both areas? I mean god we just flip flopped our run stopping with our 'pass stopping'

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That actually works against us. How many times have you seen a unknown receiver or RB come out of no were and have a monster game.

That is because the D's have no information on them, and don't know what to expect from them.

The Chargers have to play their top game the rest of the way!

7. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I like how they make adjustments for Haynesworth being out on the Titans D, but not a mention of the injuries that we've had along the DL this year.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Cro has a lot to do with the passing stats. I would love to see someone crunch Peterson's numbers in his game against us and see what our ranking is if he doesn't break a single game rushing record against us and instead rushes for his seasonal average. We're adding an extra two hundred yards into the statistical calculation. That's twelve and a half yards per game.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hit everyone right in the ****ing mouth and we'll see who's left standing.

HERE COMES THE PAIN TRAIN

Chargers 57
    Titans 3

10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I think you are a little over the top; more like Chargers 57 Titans 6. Lets be reasonable.:icon_toast:

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

We gave up 1712 rushing yards on the season. Substitute Peterson's 296 yards for a very good 125 yards, and we would have given up 1541 yards on the year. an average of 96.3 yards per game, which would put us eighth overall in the league. Doesn't really matter though, we gave up the rushing yards, and that is that. Personally, it can only help the team strive to play better, because they know that they are better than that statistic.

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Don't worry about our run defense. We were without Jamal, Merriman and Igor for portions of the first game vs. the Titans and without Castillo for all of it, and the Titans still averaged less than 4 yards per carry against us. With everyone healthy and angry, the Titans will be lucky to average 3 yards per carry.

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The statement that Norv has been outcoached numerous times in these situations is completely inaccurate. As a head coach, Norv's playoff record is 1-1. His only playoff loss as a head coach was on the road in the divisional round, when his Redskins lost a close one to the Bucaneers, 14-13. How does that equate to being outcoached numerous times in these situations?

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Media spin.

They all say that Norv sucks, and repeat it often, so it must be true. Right?

How about this quote from the same source in Gramps initial post:

In "this situation" in early December on a cloudy Nashville afternoon .... :lol: