1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wilhelm and Weddle

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Aug 10, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    According to Chargers.com and the UT, (SDUT Video Report) ... Wilhelm is out for this and probably next week. It sounded pretty new...Not sure, sorry if this is repeat information.

Also from another board, so it's just rumor at this point, Weddle is out for Sunday w/ a minor injury...

TBF

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Cool link. I have never seen that link/video thing before anywhere at the UT although I do not visit there often.

It sounds like Davis (back) may be iffy for Sunday.

Kevin Acee is the ****. I like his takes and respect his opinions.:tup:

Can't say the same for Nick "Cantelope-head" Canepa......:tdown:

3. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Damn, I hope that's not the case with Weddle. I really wanted to get a look at him this Sunday. But if it is the case, then I'm glad they aren't going to put him in a pre-season game and risk any aggravation of an injury. Minor can turn into major real quick, and so far the Bolts have been lucky. There's already teams out there that have lost players to injury for the whole season.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yup.

No need to push at this stage. The WR corp can not take too much abuse after Parker's injury/surgery.

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I wanted Davis and Weddle to play the entire game to get some expierence in the NFL...

Trump...Someone posted this "new" UT, chargers page, a few days ago...I think it was here...If not, here is the link to the SDUT Chargers page...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/index.html

TBF

6. Boltsessive

Boltsessive Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I was at practice this afternoon, and Weddle was practicing. Davis, Olshansky, and Merriman were held out. Didn't see Merriman at all, while Davis and Igor were working with the training staff.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    LOL and I predicted that Weddle would be struck by the underarmour curse before I even saw this

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    that sucks. i don't know if i'm the only one that's not exactly high on wilhelm being a starter, i know he has put in his time and deserves a shot but i never thought he would make great nfl mlb since his championship season at osu. best of luck to him but i don't think he's the long term answer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    too bad I was hpoing to get to check out weddle.

11. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Funny for an injured guy he sure had more than a few reps.

I saw him play tonight and he did a good job. He might have a minor injury, however I have heard no report or anything about it.

I think Weddle will play Saturday unless someone shows me solid news he isn't.

12. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I am another who has reservations about Wilhelm. I think the guy he replaced was underappreciated, and we may suffer at the ILB position more than most people think.

13. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

The only thing that's going to suffer is opponents RB's yards after intitial contact stats.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135

:icon_rofl:

The Qualcomm groundskeepers budget will suffer next year because they won't have as many drag marks to repair in the turf this year...

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think Weddle is fine. I've seen no report that he's injured, except for a couple people who said they heard it on another board. And the people at those boards say they heard it on another board, etc.

16. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    I've searched this morning and the Chargers have not said anything about Weddle sitting for tomorrows game. He also practiced yesterday, I do believe this is just an unfounded rumor and he will play tomorrow.

17. Boltsessive

Boltsessive Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Weddle had a lot of reps yesterday for a player who "is hurt". Acee's article this morning mentions only Merriman, Davis, and Olshanksy as possible holds, other than Wilhelm.

18. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Man, I hope all you folks are right and that rumor about Weddle being injured was just that: A rumor. I don't want to see any of the Chargers hurt, but I really wanted to check out Weddle Sunday night. I hope all these scrapes and bruises and pulls and such are minor enough that they wont keep the team from fielding a complete roster come opening day against da bores. I'd really like it if the Chargers can put a decisive beat-down on them.

19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Wilhelm injury is confirmed.

The Weddle injury is just a rumor it appears as it hasn't been confirmed by anyone related with the Chargers organization.

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I really hope Weddle plays as I want to see him take the starting job by the throat by the second game.

Chomping at the bit.......

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Good news about Weddle. I really, really wanted to see Wilhelm, but we'll now get a longer look at Dobbins and Waters.

22. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    The thing about Wilhelm is that we have already seen him there. I don't have concerns as far as he goes as he has proven himself worthy, albeit not in the role of "starter". Weddle is the one that is going to really pique my curiosity.... Tick tick tick... Guess I could get out into the yard today... NAAAH!

23. NW Bolt Fan

NW Bolt Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: :icon_toast:
    If Donnie didn't play behind Jamal, he'd REALLY have been blown out of holes. Chef D-tackles are NOT good. He's going to get run over- repeatedly this year.