1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will CBD step up this year?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    This is his opportunity to do it. When he stepped onto the field against the Redskins last year, it looked like he had spent a lot of time in the weight room. He showed some pretty good toughness on the field too catching a ball at the goal line in traffic and holding on while he got rocked. He has a chance to not just be the slot guy, but give Naanee a run for his money as a #2 across from Malcolm. The WR battle during this TC will be interesting to say the least.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My bet is yes. I know that many - hell, probably most here have been ready to give up on him, but I believe this is his year to put it all together. Our passing game is quite likely to look a little different this year - more short to intermediate routes. This is right in Buster's wheelhouse.

Do it, kid. :tup:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    He has shown flashes in the past. He might just be that ace AJ's been holding. If the dude can stay out of the trainer's office and on the field, the sky is the limit.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    yes, at least in the depth chart :lol:

I like the talent of the wr core, I just worry about them staying healthy

5. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I agree....Injuries are probably the biggest concern with not just CBD, but Floyd as well. I think it was probably a primary reason (along with the VJ holdout) that we picked up Josh Reed...anticipating that we will need a reliable target at some point.

I'm hoping a lot of Buster's issues have been the result of his pressing to get back on the field too soon and never fully healing. Hopefully he can put that stuff in the rear view mirror. He could be a weapon in this offense as he actually timed a little faster than VJ in the 40 and he looks like he's got an explosive first few steps. He's also been in this offense long enough that he should know what he's doing out there.

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    He might start to show signs this year, but then he will probably get injured again

Still cant believe we drafted this guy over Sidney Rice!

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I'm not holding my breath but I'd love to see it.

8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It really doesn't matter because Jackson isn't going to be in any time soon and the games are still going to be played. I believe the Bolt's still will have an excellent offensive year, it's the defense that concerns me.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    This is his last chance, otherwise he's probably gone at training camp

10. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    health has always been the issue, as stated.

Hopefully, what Buster has said (the groin injury is basically the same injury that has hurt him the past two seasons, and that the year on IR helped him to recover) is true, and that he'll be able to contribute.

He's got good hands and speed. But he said he was healthy last year too, and then was hurt again.

11. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Yes, until he gets sand in his vagina in game two. Then he'll be done until we play the Bengals.

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Don't remind me....:icon_evil:

13. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    I will be rooting for Buster in the next few months. That one appearance last season ,game 16 versus the Skins, meaningless game as it was, Buster did enough to make me think hang on a sec!!!

14. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Yeah what he said

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Whether they stay healthy or not the games are still going to be played. No one alive can guaranty that Jackson would play a full season, so they'll field the best guy's able to play.

16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    As a Legs fan, I have always been cheering more for Legadu to get more reps than for CBD to even stay healthy enuff to validate his drafting.

I am happy to see CBD and Legs are going to have more opportunites this season THANKS to VJ. I am far from upset if VJ misses the entire season. Also really hope Gary can stick the squad and quash all these rumors i keep hearing like SD should pick up TO.

Oyea and of course the reason we have the WR talent we have now is Charlie Joiner. THank you CHUCK!!

17. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I'm sure any WR will do great next year because all the double coverage is going to be on Gates... And if not, than that just means Gates will be open

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Exactly. OR Ryno will be so good, they will have to worry about the run and have the safeties play up at the line then we hit 'em with playaction! I wish we had VJ but I think Legedoo and hopefully Bust Davis will contribute and get open on single coverage. Don't count out Josh Reed either, a good possession, change of pace WR. Our offense is still one of most potent when healthy esp. with Mr. Rivers at the helm! :tup:

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Buster has muscled up considerably. I suspect he will be more durable this year, and since he has shown well in training camp before, so I expect him to be on the opening day roster. Thing is, there is no one with stone hands in all the choices we have at receiver. It's all about making the catch. Steve Largent didn't have great tangibles, neither does Welker. It's all the about the catch and being at the right spot. We have those guys.