1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Chargers Fate be a move to LA :(

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Nov 28, 2009.

?

Will the ******* of CA, LA steal the chargers?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. No chance in hell

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    With the chargers continuing to have difficulties finding a site for and financing a new stadium could the be bought off by lame LA and that dbag that is trying to steal everyone's teams?

I know they want raiders and rams and even 49ers to move but with the chargers in the market for a new stadium and the talks of moving to LA a couple of years ago could this tragic thought become a reality? I sure hope not but LA and all the people fighting for a team there would love to see the chargers.

Weigh in on the likelyhood of this.

2. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    The likelyhood of me not wanting to hear anything more about this topic right now is about 100%

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    as long as Norv continues to win games, there is not much else to complain about.

4. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Huh. I never thought of it that way.

Carry on.

5. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    true. And if he doesn't your saying LA might steal our team... Great... the franchise resting on Norv's shoulders... I don't feel good about that..

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol:

refreshing post from a NoMo thread

:tup:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't think that the future of the San Diego Chargers is in Norv's hands BUT if we win a Super Bowl... that could help.

Though if they become the LA Chargers, I'll become a free agent fan seeking a new team, maybe even in CFL. Cause I'm a "San Diego Charger!!!"

NO Baltimore fans are Indianapolis Colts fans.
    NO Cleveland fans are Baltimore Ravens fans.
    NO Houston fans are Tennessee Titans fans.
    That's how REAL fans think!!!

The ONLY fans that don't think that way are LA/Oakland/Etc. Raiders.

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I don't think that's what he said.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    You can't be all inclusive like that.

I'm sure the majority of those fans didn't make the switch, but some did.

My Dad, who grew up an LA Rams fan, is still a Rams fan for instance.

The only way I switch teams is if they try and dismantle their entire image by changing nicknames and the whole 9 yards.

I've invested too much emotion into rooting for this franchise to win it all to jump ship because they move to another city. It just wouldn't feel the same if I picked another team and rooted for them to win and they did.

Granted, it still wouldn't feel the same if I rooted for the LA, San Antonio, or whatever else Chargers to win it all and they did as compared to the San Diego Chargers, but it'd still be better than the feeling if I jumped on someone else's bandwagon. Since I wouldn't exactly have the option of sticking with the San Diego Chargers I'd have to go with the lesser of two evils.

I can certainly understand the other perspective on the matter, but that's just me. I'm a Chargers fan first, San Diego fan second.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Careful Leo. My spidey sense is telling me this thread is headed down a dark & dreary path. :icon_eek:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

When the Colts play at Ravens stadium... the score board doesn't even say Colts. It reads like this...
    RAVENS
    INDY

Go to a Ravens forum and start talking (positively)about the Indianapolis Colts. See how fast you'll last.
    Go to a Browns forum and do the same with the Ravens.

Right now, LA doesn't have a team. Besides, weren't the Rams evicted? As I remember, some locals even helped them move out, so they had to get out. Though I'm sure if LA gets a team and they play the Rams in LA, their fans will have something to say.

I'm a San Diego Charger. There is no second... only one!!!

12. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I'm a Chargers fan, not a San Diego fan. I probably live closer to LA than SD so I'd be fine with them moving to LA.

I really don't see why someone would jump ship on this team just because they moved about 100 miles away. I might understand if they moved from SD to somewhere on the East coast but this wouldn't be that big a deal. Be thankful that your team would still be in the So Cal region.

With that said, I really don't expect the Chargers to move to LA. I think they'll stay in San Diego and another team like the Jags will move to LA.

13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Very interesting perspective Leo.

I do hope it doesn't happen but I MIGHT be able to heal if they move and kept everything else the same.

Although, it would be hard to do if they move to LA, under any circumstances.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I understand the general sentiment of the local fans in Baltimore, as well as those in Houston, but it doesn't remove the fact that nothing is all inclusive as you suggest.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If they move to LA and become the Southern California Chargers, I might still follow them. Anything else... **** EM'!

NFL - No Fan Loyalty

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    This.

I've never understood the general hate San Diegans have for the city of Los Angeles. It's like a little brother syndrome.

I would think, with the team still being in driving distance and no team in San Diego to switch to, people would prefer they move to LA than anywhere else if they're going to move.

But, because LA is a slight notch ahead of Hell in most San Diegan's minds, they'd much rather root for the team with them halfway across the country than see them move a 2-hour drive north.

Makes no sense to me.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Keep this in mind. As I said "if LA gets a team and the Rams come to their stadium, LA fans may have something to say."

Is your father a LA local? If so, think he'll follow the new LA team (if it happens)?

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    He grew up in the LA area, but lives in Arkansas now. (Same city I live in)

I'm not sure if he'd switch but he might. He's getting really fed up with the mismanagement of the Rams and that might be just enough incentive for him to jump ship.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

It's like that everywhere. Locals in Baltimore feel the same way about New York. Though I love visiting New York.
    Over the past 10 years of living in San Diego, I still love visiting LA but I prefer living in San Diego.

Baltimore locals see New Yorkers as being a bunch of rude, obnoxious, belligerent a**holes. In some cases that true but not all.
    New Yorkers see Baltimore locals as spoiled, arrogant, and lazy. In some cases, that's also true.

Seems that San Diegans see LA locals as gangsta thugs. In many ways that's true but it also depends on the area.
    As LA locals see San Diegans in the similar light as New Yorkers see Baltimore locals.

20. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Sports wise, LA has enjoyed MANY championships, SD none. That's the #1 reason I loath them.

In general, I never liked LA because of the traffic, crowds, pollution, and a heightened sense that crime is more prevalent (or at least more publicized)

21. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Chess Game?

I know that you are all just being speculative about what could happen if the Chargers decide to move, what do you think of the following scenario?

What if the Chargers move north to LA, and a team like the Jags moves into San Diego? Again, as someone previously said, NFL=No Fan Loyalty. Possibilities are endless, theories abound, but only the commish knows the fate of the league.

Pointy :icon_twisted: (Just a hometown team follower)

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Chess Game?

If the Chargers move to LA, I can almost guarantee that San Diego won't see NFL in their city again.

23. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Chess Game?

:icon_rofl: He's back! :popcorn:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Chess Game?

Delayed response... very!!!! :trout:

25. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I don't wanna rip on norv in this thread. Its usually not me who brings up norv unless that's what the thread is about. If you guys wouldn't say stuff like... the team is in norvs hands... he can save us... It wouldn't turn into a norv thread..

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You'd like that, wouldn't you?!!!

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Chess Game?

But, for the sake of argument, what would you think?

28. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Chess Game?

Yeah and if we did it would most likely be the raiders looking for a new home because no one wants their sorry asses in the bay anymore. That would be awful... the san diego raiders. EWWWW

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Chess Game?

What would I think if the Chargers moved to LA and we never saw NFL in San Diego again?

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Chess Game?

No.

What would you think if the Chargers moved to LA and the Jags moved to San Diego?