1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will LT puss out of the 2008 pre-season?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Jan 30, 2008.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I'm guessing that he will. He's been pussing out of the preseason for years. I don't see why the next one will be any different.

LT puss out? Give me a ****ing break. Walking down the street with a sprained MCL is rough let alone playing in an NFL football game at the RB position. Some of you guys are not being realistic.

2. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Thank you.

not to mention how long he was waiting for that moment and at the end not even being able to play. Then to top it off, a few fans start kicking him when hes down and start talking **** on him after all hes down for the org and us fans.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He should call Marty before he does anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    In response, yes he will -ahem- "puss out" :icon_shrug: and people will call him a puss. if he plays people will call him an idiot. If he plays and gets hurt, people will call him a selfish idiot.

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I think Clarence Shelmon should call the plays for one of the preseason games.

6. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    LT played in the Wild Card game which is do or die. He played in the Divisional Playoff game up until he got hurt. Which is also do or die. Why in the world would he suddenly puss out of the Conference
    Championship game which is do or die just as the first two playoff games? That just doesn't make any sense to me. He tried, but couldn't. Sometimes players get hurt. Beleive it or not, it can happen to LT too.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If we don't finish the pre season at 4-0, I'm selling my season tickets!!!

Fuk the regular season and post season!!!!
    Pre season is what it's ALL about!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Its gonna be a long off season!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Only 8 more months until the season starts :flag:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Right around the corner. :lol:

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Look guys you just dont get it.

LT is pussing out on anything. he is fighting the battle from within his own team. Rivers is soo damn jealous that an RB is the face, spirit and soul of his team that he put a hit out on LT. LT got wind of it, and that is why there have been soo many confrontations on the side line.

The first one was early in the season, when Rivers paid the gatorade boy to attempt to slip LT a roofy on the sideline. The next was when Rivers told the Denver D-Line what plays he was going to call and where LT was going to run to get them to cut his knees.

Then in the Colts game, Rivers went and out did LT, saying to him on the sidelines "My injury is better than yours!" and we all saw the way LT reacted to that.

Finally Rivers set the Pats on LT, and put him on the bench. It is all a plot a whole season in the making. The real evil mastermind is Rivers...

Truth, hand to god! Hanest!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    :icon_huh:

13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    tell it brother!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Did the Germans puss out when they were supposed to bomb pearl harbor?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Just enough time for my liver to recover.

16. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347

:icon_rofl:
    I heard that Rivers has forged National Guard enlistment papers in LT's name.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol: :yes:

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Who is angry?! BEEEEATCH!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Did you ask and then answer your own question or did you get this topic from another thred and make it it's own?

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    :icon_shrug:Bolttalk brethren, I think an intervention is in order! I don’t think Concudan will make it until preseason.

I hope the Padres have a great season, it may be the only way us SD fans survive the off season. ::unsure:

21. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

I hadn't been in here for several days, because of all the LT BS.
    Imagine my first thought when I read this thread header...at first I was pissssed and about to head out for several more days...but then...I needed to read how much shitte this thread starter was doing to throw at LT...:icon_rofl:...and this post was the one that sums it up best.

22. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    he has already done that before, but back to LT i hope he doesnt play any preseason games, he has broken many records without having to play them so keep it that way

23. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    We have to remember that sitting out all (or nearly all) of the preseason goes back to 2005 and Marty.

LT had indeed played in several preseason games in 2004 AND 2003.

In 2005, he played just one play, that home game versus the Rams where on his first carry he bust out with that 55 yard TD run.

After that, LT was held out by Marty.

During the 2005 season, LT had almost the same number of "touches" as 2004, yet gained more rushing yards and rushing TD, even playing with cracked ribs for most of December.

So, Marty decided it was a good idea and kept him out of the 2006 preseason. After LT's record breaking season, why not stick with what works?

That was the idea going into the 2007 preseason, keep him fresher and don't risk injuring him. The "don't risk injury in preseason" argument was aided by Clinton Portis' shoulder injury in the 2006 preseason that kept him sidelined for about half that season.

So, I would venture to say that they'll keep him out of most, if not all, the 2008 preseason. Maybe he'll get a carry or two, but don't expect him to play even a full half of a game.

24. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    i still think they need to cut it down to 2 preseason games

25. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

Totally agree with less preseason games. I do think that LT NEEDS to play some. Keeping him out the entire preseason just makes it take that much longer to get into a rhythm. ie, our 1-3 start.

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    How about our 3-1 start in 2006?

27. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    ahah thats what i was going to say, anyone that knows the problem was players and coaches were not on the same page knows that LT not playing in the preseason had nothing to do with a slow start LOL

28. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Holding LT out was a coaching decision. I thought that was carrying things a bit far, but I wouldn't work him like the backs behind him in the depth chart. I'd probably use him for five or six carries in the exhibish for the first three games, and maybe a few more in the last one. He has practice for getting down his timing and the game has long since slowed down for him.