1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Broncos draft another QB in 2012?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Workplay, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I figure the Broncos will be bad this season. Really bad. I have them picking in the top 5 in the 2012 NFL draft. With top-10 QB prospects like Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, and Landry Jones to choose from, do the Broncos add to their quarterback controversy? Do they trade away Orton or Tebow or even cut one of them?
    Personally, I'm happy with the quarterbacks they have right now, and I really hope they win around 8 games so they don't end up with a possible franchise-changing quarterback like Andrew Luck.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    It often seems that teams that have the 'franchise' QBs go through a hard dry spell once they leave. The exception that rule was Montana/Young...

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    My guess is that Denver ends up around the 6-10 mark this year. My second guess is they will be picking around the 11-15 spot in the draft....They will miss Andrew Luck for sure unless they trade the house to move to #1 which they won't do.

With that said I do not think they will draft a QB in round 1 unless Luck free falls to them which also will not happen IMO.

IMHO Barkley and Landry Jones are both overhyped and with the run on QB's taken in Rd 1 last year my guess is they will fall like a Colt McCoy, Jimmy Claussen did.

Denver is super excited for some reason about Tim Tebow, can't put my finger on it yet maybe it's the fact that he has been a winner at every level he has played in. In any case I think they wait until the jury is out on Tebow before taking another QB not named Andrew Luck.