1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Chargers be a better team in 2010?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Workplay, Mar 4, 2010.

?

Will the Chargers be a better team in 2010?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    There seems to be a lot of uncertainty this offseason about which direction this team is going. That said, a playoff win could be considered an upgrade even if we go 10-6 next season. What do you think?

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I think it is way too early to give an honest evaluation on if we will be better or not. It will depend on who get traded away, who gets traded for, who gets signed, and who gets drafted. Way too early to say

3. super17

super17 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I was going to vote no, however after thinking about it for a few minutes......i voted yes. The bottom line is Rivers is a franchise quarterback.An absoulte stud.... i can't help but think (HOPE) that eventually he will impose his desire and will to win over the whole team. Not only the offense, the WHOLE team.

4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    I hate saying it...and God knows, I hope I'm dead wrong...but I just get the feeling that we are losing our way abit this offseason.

Even thou I dislike him intensly...I respect AJs ability to find talent...but the way the team is going...there are going to be just to many holes to fill and problems to solve!

AJ is going to have to be a big player in FA (for the first time ever!) if he is going to right the ship...his track record would prove otherwise..

I'm starting to worry guys!

I am starting to get a feeling that LT wanted out cos he could forsee some unwanted changes taking place...why else would he risk so much to leave us?

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :yes:

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Miami had Dan Marino...Buffalo had Jim Kelly..Chargers had Dan Fouts..how many superbowls did these teams win with their stud quarterbacks???

..answer? ..well you get the picture:no:

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    YES !!!

8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Most of the team is still intact. And the chargers could actually add a few younger players that could bring new energy to the team.

9. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I second that. Show some faith, act like you all have a pair.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You are right, it takes a lot more than just a great QB to win a SB

11. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I am kinda on the fence about this question... but with Cromartie gone? I'll say YES!

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Obviously the current crew wasn't the right mix to get over the hump and into the big game... I'm nervous about all of the uncertainty around our roster but the next few months will be the real test - VERY interested to see how the draft shakes out.

Overall tho, we still have lots of great players in the mix. Trying to stay positive but change is scary hehe

13. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    The loss of LT and Cromartie are addition by subtraction at this point. We should see performance improvements from whoever we get to fill those two vacancies on the roster.

14. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I haven't read the answers, but I believe in our team.
    They have to get better to compete again.