1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Chargers Bring Home the Lombardi Trophy?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Dec 13, 2009.

?

Will The Chargers Win The Super Bowl?

1. The Chargers will Win Super Bowl 44!!!!

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. The Chargers lose Super Bowl 44

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. THe Chargers Won't make it to the super bowl

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. The Only Bowl Norv Turner will Ever coach in is the Pro Bowl!

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Let the debate begin. Its to the point in the year where we might as well start talkin. It is only a tad premature. With SD playing great and guaranteed to make the playoffs it looks like the superbowl isn't that far off. Next week we can clench 1st round bye if we beat cincy bc we have tie breaker on pats and donks. SO do you think this is the year our beloved bolts bring back the Lombardi Trophy?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Damn, you've put me in a spot.

On one hand I want to vote for every option because you made what should be a single-option poll a multi-vote poll, on the other hand I don't want to vote that the Chargers won't win it all. :lol:

3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    IT was multi vote in case someone wanted to vote for chargers won't make superbowl and norv will never coach a bowl beside the probowl. I guess I didn't need to.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    they look better and more confident then any time i've ever seen them, and with the Pats weakened, the Steelers out and the Colts as the best team out there, i think this is as good of a year as any for the Chargers to win it all

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Lets just say. The one team the colts are afraid of big time is the chargers. :yes:

Chargers got to get the 2nd seed. Rest our wounded and beat whoever at the Q and then onto beating the hapless colts in indy to go to the super bowl.

6. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    If the colts make it that far. But yeah, I don't think this years colts is any better than last years. And we were the last team to beat them. We are way better now too. If we get some injured lineman back it will be even worse for Indy. I think if we go into that game the colts deserve to be underdogs this year. As long as norv doesn't blow it we should be there...

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Too Soon

Poll should read: Will the Chargers beat the Bengals?

That is the ONLY thing that matters right now

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Its less than two months away. Its not that soon. If people can make predictions(terribly unenlightened.) at the season start then why not now. Cinci is important for sure but if you can't envision your ultimate goal it never happens!

9. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I endorse this post.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    The goal is to beat the team in front of you. At the moment that team is Cincinnati.

Talking long term is for fools. Live in the NOW and mind your surroundings and you won't get blindsided.

You know how the most successful people in the world got to where they are? Short term goals.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep, I agree, its one of the good sayings marty left us with. One game one play at a time. CAn't think farther than this week. Next week will bring its own situations. :yes:

12. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I guess since I am not actually playing the games I can look forward a bit.

I think locking things up early and getting a week one bye would be huge for us as we could then rest some of the banged up players in the final regular season game vs WAS and the playoff bye to get them healthy for the playoff run.
    If they can do this, then I think they have a really good chance of at least getting to the superbowl.

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    :tup:

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    One game at a time... :tup:

15. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Too early to comment.

Let's take care of the here and now.

16. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    THis is a prediction thread. You aren't norv so you don't need to worry. Your prediction isn't the same as rivers or LT deciding that we're super bowl bound already. Its fine and fun to fanaticize. Yes every game matters in the NFL but that doesn't mean you can't make predictions. IF betting was the way you guys are talkin in this thread no one would make bets on a game until the last down of the game.

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    you had to throw that in there didn't you :tdown:

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    We don't have the tiebreaker on either clinched.

Chargers clinch a bye week with a win and a Denver and New England loss.

Or they can just beat Cincy and then go beat Tennessee on Christmas and take care of their own business.

19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    cuz its too soon. envisioning your ultimate goal is one thing, but we have to get there first. it IS less than two months away... but at the same time we still have cincy, tenn, washington, then playoffs. we have at LEAST two games in the playoffs to the superbowl so thats 5-6 games. 6 weeks is still a long time. think about it like this, at week 6 we were 2-3.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    So what? Fans posting about it on the internet isn't going to affect the outcome of the game or distract the players.

I doubt Quentin Jammer is going to start day dreaming about the Super Bowl while Carson Palmer throws one to Chad 85 after logging on and reading this thread.

Let him discuss the Super Bowl if he likes. :icon_shrug:

21. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    If we blow it I think it's more likely going to be the defense at this point. We're on our 4th nose tackle, thats not anyone's fault, but our run defense is bad enough that its starting to keep our high powered offense off the field. When not pinned back in terrible field position our offense moved the ball AT WILL today, and yet only scored 20pts because they wern't on the field often enough.

Norv has done extremely well during this 8 game stretch, his only real mistake that could have have cost us was the reverse to Jackson in the Giants game.

22. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    exactly

23. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i DID vote bc it is fun, but its just a lil soon for a thread devoted to it

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    'Scuse me if I'm feeling just a tad superstitious & don't want to discuss anything regarding SB predictions just yet.

Swift kick in the nuts to nomorenorv is my reaction to this thread. :yes:

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    And fans posting their displeasure of a prediction thread like this when we haven't even clinched a playoff spot is all perfectly ok.

It is after all a discussion forum where we express our opinions. Mine remains firm (and I see I have plenty of others who agree): TOO SOON. BEAT CINCY. WORRY ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS LATER.

Carry on.

26. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I hope so- i'm new on here been a charger fan since i was about 10 early 80s and have been waiting for a super bowl- feel like if we dont win this year or next we might never win. Also im from Toledo,OH born and raised nice to actually be able to chat with other charger fans :). I think our only obstacle is winning in indy but weve done it before. GO BOLTS!

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    W to the O to the R to the D!!!!

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Very true, but an insinuation that you aren't allowed to post wasn't really the message I was trying to get across. (Although I can see how it can come off as such)

The point I was trying to make was a counter-argument to all the "we shouldn't be talking about this yet!" posts suggesting that doing so might cause some harm.....which it will not.

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    There was no such insinuation. There was only him posting his oppinion.

Perhaps you could be more open to opposing views? :lol: <--- edit, forgot the laughy face....

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Who says I'm not open to opposing views? Because you disagree with mine?

If that insinuation wasn't there then what is there when people are posting that we shouldn't be talking about this yet?