1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the rams mess up our tv coverage when chargers play an nfc team?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by venturafan, Aug 31, 2016.

1. venturafan

venturafan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    If they play at the same time we do I would guess they would be the ones on chnl 11 in l.a.
    That would suck.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yes, they will. The Rams will and should get preferential treatment in the LA market.
    Just go watch the game at a restaurant/bar/whatever that shows all the games. Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    It would get interesting if the Chargers move to LA.

Right now I assume that here in San Diego we would get a good dose of rams' games

4. venturafan

venturafan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The bar idea is good................if you don't have to work on Sundays like I do.
    Would have recorded it otherwise and watched it after work.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    I'm just trying to remember from back in the days when the Lambs and Faiders were both in SoCal. I do recall a lot of games featuring both teams, and the Chargers intermittently, but I lived in the Coachella Valley back then.

6. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    The NFL/DirectTV should offer a pay per view per game option. Being stuck in the IE $40 a month is too much when 3 out of every 4 games is shown locally. Cant say I dont dig an occasional bar game tho... If the turds arent playing at the same time the Shamrock in Temecula is cool. Food kicks a$$!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    The Shamrock? Is that place still open?

8. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    You know it? Its on Winchester and Murrieta Hot Springs... Dude, all about the pastrami burgers!!

9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Yeah, that pastrami really ties it all in, great burger!

• Like Like x 1
  10. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I hate to say it, but if you want the team to stay in San Diego, you really should want the Rams to block the Chargers when they share timeslots. If Dean-o and the boys see a lull in their numbers in terms of Los Angeles support (outside of the truly faithful that are already there), that gives them less leverage to complete that move and makes it less in their financial interest. The team staying in San Diego is worth me having to Uber, carpool, or use the wife-taxi a couple blocks to Slater's to watch the games on the few occasions they overlap (have to remember, if both teams are at home, there's a good shot CBS takes us on the AFC game for the time slot and FOX takes the Rams on the NFC time slot).

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    So living in Orange County, I wonder if I will no longer be considered a local market for Charger games? That actually works to my advantage because I would like to watch the games as part of my Sunday Ticket package rather than on a network. They wouldn't blackout both Rams and Chargers games, would they?

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    for those without directv, if this season, they broadcast say 10 - 12 rams games in the San Diego area, would that make you have some interest in the team?

13. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Nope. we're LA market. We're getting the Rams.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Since NFL is continuing the no blackout rule this year you wont have to worry about blacked out games. As far as directtv blacking out your game because its televised locally im not sure about that. But, the rule for a non sell out blackout is based off 70 miles from the stadium. Since the southern most part of the LA market is less than 70 miles any non sellout will be blacked out in LA. Even if we get a downtown stadium its still less than 70 miles to San Clemente or Temecula

15. venturafan

venturafan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    My understanding is that other than directtv not showing our games in L.A. market (when they are broadcast in l.a.) we are o.k.........until the rams are at home and we are playing an nfc team on the road (chnl 11 fox game). Unless rams get all priority and are shown when they are on the road too. Curious if chnl 9 in l.a. who has been showing us pre-season might be picking us up.

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    It'll be interesting to see. KCAL9 is technically owned by CBS Broadcasting and CBS does have, obviously, a contract with the NFL. But my bet would be that they'll also have contractual agreements with their CBS (channel 2) advertisers to not compete with themselves by airing more than one game in the same market (particularly with LA being such a large media market) on a local affiliate.