1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

will the SD vs Pitt game be bumpe (on CBS)d 4 the Tenn vs Jack

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ghost_, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    just a heads up dont know if it will happen but here is the 411 so fare.
    the Bolts vs Pitt and Tenn vs Jack are both on CBS
    the Tenn vs Jack has been moved from 1pm est to 4pm est
    that is the same time our game will be on. knowing the NFL the way they hate us
    i think we might get bumped even thow we play Pitt.
    hope iam wrong

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c30b94&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Posted about 14 hours ago7 Comments 105 Recommendations E-mail
    Titans game moved in first week of flexible scheduling
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Tennessee, the NFL's only remaining unbeaten team, will be at Jacksonville at 4:15 p.m. ET instead of 1 p.m. on Nov. 16, the first week of flexible scheduling in the NFL.

The Dallas Cowboys at Washington will remain the Sunday night game, beginning at 8:15 p.m. ET.

The NFL will utilize "flexible scheduling" on Sundays in Weeks 11-17. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all NFL Sunday time slots in those weeks and give teams a chance to play their way onto primetime and into the late-afternoon 4:15 PM ET time slot on CBS and FOX.

For each of the flexible scheduling weeks with the exception of Week 17, the NFL will announce the start times of games on Sundays no later than 12 days prior to that weekend. To ensure a Sunday night game and doubleheader games with playoff implications in Week 17, the flexible scheduling decision for that Sunday may be made on six days notice.

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    That would be a really stupid move. I know the Titans are undefeated, but nobody gives a **** about them. They're not particularly entertaining to watch and they don't have a national fan base. Not to mention the Jags are not competitive in the division and are very unlikely to be in the playoffs.

SD/PIT on the other hand features two nationally respected and entertaining franchises. SD/PIT will be a much better (more entertaining) game, there is more public interest, and it is more likely go have playoff implications.

Bumping us would make me very angry. :icon_evil:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That would suck but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the Ponies/Patsies game should have been moved down on Sunday.

4. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Am I too understand they may want us to play at 1pm East Coast time for the Pitts game?? :tdown:
    If Im correct, then I hope Dean tells Roger G. that we refuse this. This game has been scheduled for a 4:15 east coast time kickoff & we NEED to play at this time rather that 1pm.
    Give us a break already...we already traveled over 11,000 miles for 2 games!! :no: Just my feelings on it.

5. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    I belive our game will stay @ the same time 4pm est.
    it will prob just be shown(sp?) in SD/Pitt only :icon_evil: :tdown:
    :censored: but iam not sure they will bump our game i just saw the they moved the tenn/jag game later in the day & that dose not bowed well for us bolt fans