1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be a "cheap shot" at Brady's knee this year?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BeerGuy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Last year was an accident.

If he comes back and plays like he has in the past, will we see a questionable hit on his vulnerable knee at some point?

I hope not, obviously, but nothing in sports seems to surprise me any more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I doubt it and hope not. I dont think that a lot of NFL players take shots to injur other players on purpose. I do not think that people will hold back if given the chance to clock him, but I dont see any bounties on his head.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    A cheap shot on Brady? I doubt that.

Now if he were a whiny little a-hole like Cutler? :innocent:

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I do have a problem with the Refs calling too many roughing the passer with Brady because of his knee.

It is going to be hard to Sack Brady without a roughing call be thrown.

I doubt anyone will be looking to take out Brady due to his knee willfully.

5. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    If anyone gets a shot at Brady you can bet your hard earn cash that it'll be analyzed and re-analyzed on ESPN for any malicious intentions. I'm sure all those extra spygate cameras will help too.

God forbid if someone were to hit Brady anywhere close to his knee and puts him out for a game or two, you can bet Goodell will suspend him for "on-the-field conduct unbecoming of a football player."

But if someone pulls a Haynesworth and just stomps on Brady's knee while he's laying on the ground. Now that would be a little unnecessary and unwarranted.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    there's a difference between a cheap shot and an accidental hit

if brady gets hit in the knee in a manner similar to what happened last year, while the pats will get conspiratorial, you have to look at what happened to determine if it was cheap or just an accident

but given the patriots media homerism i wouldn't be surprised if an accidental hit would be made to look like a conspiracy

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Nobody took a cheap shot at Philip last season.

It is what it is.

He is damaged goods, but there are many others in the same boat.

8. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    For the record, Brady or not, if you have a clear shot at a quarterback you should be able to drill him. I'm not saying you lead with your helmet and plant it between his shoulder blades. What I am saying is that quarterbacks are far too protected, though.

You can't expect to get all the glory without a few 300+ pounders raining down on you over the course of a season.....

9. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Are the Tennessee Titans on New Englands schedule this year?:icon_rofl:

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Put a pink tu-tu on Brady, hit him if you get the shot. He ain't special and is just another guy on the field. In the older day's it was "kill the QB and we'll win this game". Damn how I long for the way this game should be played.

11. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Considering how much the panthers targeted Merriman last year in the only game he played, i dont see why they wouldnt do that to brady. Not saying its right and that they should, but it will happen. I think the one thing he has going for him is that hes the NFLs golden boy, and there is no bigger pats fan than Goodell, so teams might have to think twice before doing anything

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I doubt he will get hit, since he always seems to go out of the Shotgun formation anyway. If it happens, it will be the Dolphins, or the Jets who do it. :yes:

13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I hope so.

14. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Wow! At least you're honest about your pathology.

15. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Really?

I'd say he's pretty special. I'm guessing the NFL cognoscenti would agree with me, as well.

Philly Rivers....I wouldn't even call him "ain't special." He's no Brady, BUT, he's still a good QB.

16. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I guess you missed the smile at the top of the post. :yes:

But, then again....I really don't care what you think! :yes:

17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Guilty as charged on the "smiley."

You did take the time to reply and defend yourself, so, maybe your really do care, despite your declarations to the contrary.:icon_toast:

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I think he meant that there shouldn't be any special treatment for Brady

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :tup:

20. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    It's all good! :tup:

I wanna see the best players on the field. Hopefully, all of the Chargers will be healthy when they play in the Super Bowl! :icon_toast:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I do believe you took my post out of context. There are no "special" rules for "special" players, there are none, they are all equal, unless you have the league in your back pocket.

22. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't know about Brady, but I was hoping for a cheapshot on BeerGuy. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  23. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    That's to be expected, if not encouraged( :icon_twisted: ), and for your information, I hurt the same knee as Brady, on the same weekend last year. Thankfully mine was just a deep contusion.:icon_toast:

Virtual cheap shots are fine. I'm the guy with the target on my head with a Pats logo in the 10-ring.

If you're going to Nancy Kerrigan me, though, please have the common courtesy to do it yourself rather than sending some meathead to whack MY knee......:no:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    You're absolutely right, I did, sorry about that.

For the record:

IF TOM BRADY IS ALL ALONE, LIKE A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS, AND AN OPPOSING PLAYER CAN DRAW A BEAD ON HIM, THAT OPPOSING PLAYER SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOCK BRADY INTO NEXT WEEK.

I'd like the hit to be above the waist. I'd rather they didn't pick up Brady and slingshot him to the ground. Just drive through him, use his body to break your 350 pound fall, and get up. No dances please. No chest bumping. Take your pleasure in flattening a supermodel's husband/cologne salesman and move on........