1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Williams, Fluker, and Te'o...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +519
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    Called it with Williams when we drafted him; if this guy was two inches taller he'd be a first rounder. He has the make up, instincts and the speed to be a very good CB. If he can overcome his height, and numerous shorter CBs have, he could be another huge steal

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776

Yeah it looks like a solid pick, not to worried about anything physically although it was interesting (albeit not important) that Edwin Baker beat him in the 40 yard dash the other day. Being 5'9 is not a huge deal if he has good anticipation skills, and is able to find the ball early, I've even heard him compared to Jabari Greer...which would be a HUGE steal if he develops into that.

I think the only 2 ticks on his rap sheet are height, and the decision to declare early...which was pretty stupid, there is no other way to put it.

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776
    Speaking of late round DBs..or in this case UDFA...this guy is going to get us some penalties

5. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +214
    Penalties or not... you take one penalty in a game with hits like these, and the receivers are gun shy the whole game. I want the nastiness in our defense back!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    Sure didn't affect Rodney Harrison's play or our opinion of him. I like that mentality, it's a dying breed in this game nowadays

• Agree Agree x 1