1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Williams, Gates to miss Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    http://chargers.com/news/headlines/williams-gates-to.htm

Chargers defensive tackle Jamal Williams and tight end Antonio Gates will not play in the NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday.

Williams suffered an ankle injury in December that nagged him throughout the end of the regular season and the playoffs. Gates dislocated his left big toe during the Chargers’ Wild Card playoff victory over the Tennessee Titans on January 6.

Gates was named to his fourth-consecutive Pro Bowl after leading the Chargers in receiving 75 receptions for 984 yards and nine touchdowns. Williams was earned his third-straight invitation to Hawaii after once again anchoring a Bolts’ defense that gave up the fifth-fewest points in the NFL this season. This is the first time either player will miss the NFL All-Star contest.

Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow II, son of Chargers Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow, will replace Gates on the AFC roster. Pittsburgh Steelers defensive tackle Casey Hampton will take Williams’ spot.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,617
    I just want both those guys to get healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Brady, Moss, and Matt Light have also opted out.

That's going to be one sad Pro-Bowl

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    why are those second rate players even thinking of going to the pro bowl. No offense. But everyone hates the patriots until krapft sells the team. And bellycheat is kicked out of the league. Cheaters don't belong in the nfl.

5. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Foober, when did they let you out?

They aren't thinking of going. That was the point of the post. Reading comp issues, foob?

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Maybe I should start a "Did Brady/Moss puss out of the Pro Bowl" thread.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Based on the Superbowl, I don't know if Light or Moss really belong there anyways.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :icon_rofl:

But seriously - why go to the Pro Bowl, a meaningless game, & chance getting injured?

All I ever watch is some of the competitions. The game itself doesn't matter to me. And obviously the team with the most Pro Bowlers doesn't equal the most successful team.