1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Win, Lose or tie; Chargers fan till I die.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltWalt, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +898
    I don't believe I have ever "hated" on anyone for their opinion of Norv, just their non-stop saying of the same thing over and over and over again in numerous threads. There is a difference.

2. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    You just don't get it.

Here's a thought: you are on Twitter, I'm sure you follow a lot of Chargers players. Why don't you tweet them that pic you used as an avatar and let them know why you were using it. Let's see how many of them have your back on this.

You can paint it however you like. You can try to deflect. You can try to make me the as*hole. But the facts are the facts YOU, CONCUDAN, CURTIS, openly disrespected "your" team. You are as bad as those attention whore Saints "fans." That would be bad enough, but then you say sh*t like "I will still root for them and wear the colors." Do you not see the contradiction? I support them while also disrespecting them.

IF you repent and show remorse for your actions, I'll let it go. But if not, if you stubbornly stand by your disrespect of a team and players you claim to love, I will have no choice but to view you as such, and remind you of such things when you are proclaiming your love for the team.

Maybe you don't care, and just as much I don't care if you care. When I see a guy painting himself as a "true fan" but his actions are clearly not those of a true fan, I will exercise my freedom of speech to call bullish*t.

3. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I am mad when this team loses a preseason game. I don't like losing. In anything.

That's why I am a champion. But my only vice is rooting for a team that doesn't have the same philosophy as me.

-MMJ4mil , 2nd Grade Spelling Bee Champion

4. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Nobody can say they are forever a San Diego Chargers fan because they don't know what the future brings, so a remark like that just sounds like posturing.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Dude. I am sorry you feel that way. You spewing pablum that I have done this or that does not make YOUR OPINION law. So do what you have to do.

Frankly I think you are just a bit too butt hurt over the humor the Saints fans brought to the situation. that is your issue not mine. So one thing is clear one of us clearly doesnt get it. Hoever that one, is you. Me thinks you protest too much. What is it you are hiding... A brown bag in your closet? Perhaps so... Come out of the closet lizzy... come out of the closet you are amungst friends.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    Why would I be butt hurt over Saints fans disrespecting their team? I only point out their sh*tty fanhood when someone tries to tell me they are great fans.

I'm not saying you are a bad human being, a terrible father, or anything like that. But you are a weak fan, AND unoriginal. I will continue to remind people that you were a bag wearer whenever you try to tongue yourself over what a big fan you are. Actions speak far louder than words.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    The Saints were horrible for years, but they showed up to the games. Yea some had a bag over thier heads, BUT they were at the game. Charger fans could learn a lesson from them. Shiiiity fandom, how can that be, they are at the game. Around here when the Chargers start losing fans bailout!

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,140
    You go on with that. You are not the authority on who and who is not a 'good' Chargers fan. You think what ever you want. I cant bring myself to really care at this point what you think of my fanhood, or anybody elses.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    Good night bag wearer. Tweet that to your Charger pals, hell maybe I'll do it for you to see who has your back.

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    Congratulations to them for being at the game to openly disrespect their team and players. They are still weak *** fans. I guess they are better fans than Conc, since he just openly disrespects his team on this forum.

11. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    But I am the authority on who *I* think is a weak fan, and bag wearers like you are weak fans. At least the Saints weak fans thought it up, you just leeched on to their weak fandom.

12. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Did the Saints do it first or was it the Browns...I seem to remember a time with the Bengals fans did it too. It is all a blur after so many years.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Goon night Mr. Hubris.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Here is the thing. No one cares what you think. Keep crying. I see you are now on Twitter after years of bitching about that. You are more wishy washy and weak than anyone else. Keep crying lizzy....

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,604
    This thread is hilarious.

I can't wait to boo the team this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    let Spanos know how you feel!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I wore a bag over my head to a couple of games when Cryn Ryan was here! And by the way they are direspecting you right now! They take your money AND they are not going anywhere! And when they raise their prices next year, you will pay those prices and you will be happy!

• Like Like x 1
  18. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    And because people kept showing up they kept being horrible for years. That is the actual lesson that people need to learn from that.

19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,100
    if you really want to Spanos how you feel, bring a few "gorilla towels" to the game...

20. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    You seem to care because you keep responding. If you truly didn't care you'd blow it off. I do have a Twitter account though I rarely use it, it still pretty much sucks. And you can keep characterizing my actions as crying, but most people can see that I am not crying at all, just calling out a weak fan when he claims he's more than just a bag wearer.

21. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    If you REALLY think anyone makes any decisions at all because you wear a bag, you are deluded. It gets you some attention, someone probably giggles thinking it's cute, maybe you get on TV. But it changes nothing, and openly disrespects the players on your team. You may not like what the front office is doing, but the players are busting their asses to play for "your" team. Sitting in the stands with a bag on your head disrespects those players. I'm sorry you and Conc are unable to grasp this.

Here's a thought, the Chargers blood drive is today. Pop in there with a bag on your head to show your displeasure and see how it goes over. Oh yeah, it's way easier from the anonymity of the stands, or on a forum.

22. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +898
    I enjoy going to San Diego for the weekend. I like football games, and the Chargers are my team. I will again happily buy tickets to the games. Plus I have some of the best tickets in the stadium, I wouldn't give them up.

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I have type II Diabetes, I would love to go down there, as I have spent many an afternoon down as I used to donate all the time.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,604
    ok, I'll admit that went over my head, what is a "gorilla towel" and where can I get 2 to throw @ Norv?

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Gorilla Towel was the towel the Chargers were using when the Broncos accused us of using stickum. The are anti-moisture towels...

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,604
    LOL thanks, I guess I just stick to throwing rocks :D

27. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,290
    If they keep playing the way they do now, your death may come sooner than you realize. ;)

28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Norv is the OC and QB coach, which is part of the problem. He needs to be the HC and concentrate on being the HC and hiring a good OC and QB coach. But it is likely too late for that. Now it is time for a new staff

29. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Wow what grade school did you go to? Sound like a great event, I went to La Mesa Dale elementary school, I remember one teacher who procured for us posters from the Gulls Hockey team, she explained that a teacher friend had gotten them to send a player when she made a request for a visit but was told that that was not done. So they sent posters, Damn at that age proffesional Ballplayers were like gods to kids. I'll never forget how after a game saving play by Larry Stahl(right fielder for the Padres 1969-'72) dis-lodged his cap to show that he was balding. I was shocked that he could be balding. I mean how could a baseball player be less than perfect? This was in the early seventies I remember proudly waring a Padres T-shirt to school and the other kids would parot what their fathers said of the Padres that they were loafers anf I must be one too because I was a fan. Stupid kids as if any other kid at recess would be out loafing around in their free time? Seeing Speedy Duncan and a film about the Chargers must have been fantastic, quite a nice memory you have.

• Like Like x 1
  30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,753
    I went to Meridian elementary in El Cajon and I'll never forget that day. 1964 and my class was first into the auditorium, we had great seats and were close to the players. I wished I'd kept the handout they gave that day that included a team picture and it was in color!! God, what a day to be a kid.

Man, you bring up some great memories with the Pads. I remember my older Bro's bringing me to games and with a GA ticket after the third inning you could go and sit anywhere. Those days of summer will forever be etched in my mind and that eternal hope of catching that always elusive foul ball. I had many great years of San Diego sports and even seen the Beach Boys and Joe Walsh after a Conquistadors game all for about three bucks, damn good times those were!

• Like Like x 2