1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Win over Titans a team effort

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Nomadic Bolt Fan, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Sunday, Sep 17, 2006
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    By the time the fourth quarter rolled around in Sunday’s 40-7 win over the Tennessee Titans, the Chargers had their backup running back and number-two quarterback marching the offense down the field behind three reserve offensive linemen for a punctuating touchdown.

“I was in for three plays, one a 73-yard run and then a 14-yard touchdown run after a short gain,” center Cory Withrow said. “It’s fun to be a part of a team that gives every body a chance. It’s more fun when everybody gets out there and gets it done.”

The highlight-reel runs by Michael Turner and Charlie Whitehurst capped an afternoon in which everyone got a chance, and like Withrow said, everyone got it done.

In addition to Withrow, Scott Mruczkowski and Cory Lekkerkerker helping the Chargers grind out their final score, nine different receivers caught a pass for the Bolts Sunday. Marques Harris had a tackle and broke up a pass in the fourth quarter and the special teams units kept Tennessee from returning a punt all day.

“The makeup of this team is very, very positive in that regard,” Chargers Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer said. “You need men that can step up every week and we’ve gotten that.”

Full article here.

That's my boy! :icon_banana:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    Not only are the Chargers utterly dominating on defense, as the season wears on the intimidation factor is going to make them even more effective because there are players who are going to become cautious and uncertain even going into a game, let alone after it starts. The defense has even had to resort to sophisticated blitzing shcemes yet. Opposing coaches now have game film that will debunk any lingering doubts about whether Rivers is a mature quarterback, or whether LT was showing signs of wear. If I were the Chargers, I'd offer Turner a contract that simply guaranteed him a long term transitional level salary each season for the duration of the contract. :icon_toast: