1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Winning with Class

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Dec 17, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Congratulations to the Chargers on winning yesterday's blowout game with class. It's easy to run it up and be disrespectful of an overmatched opponent. But the Chargers never did so.

For those who do not understand the concept of respecting your opponent (Be-a-dick, this means you) here are a couple of guidelines you can follow:

1. When leading by an insurmountable margin in the 2nd half (e.g.41-7 early in the third quarter), insert backups at key positions (e.g. QB, RB). Not only does this show respect for your opponent, but it also has the added benefit of allowing you to rest injured players and to prevent new injuries from occuring.

2. Run the ball. This is probably the biggest thing you can do to show respect for your opponent. By throwing it sparingly (e.g. twice in the final quarter an a half of the game) you make it apparent to your opponent that you are not trying to embarass them. This has the added benefit of shortening the game and making injuries less likely.

I know these are foreign concepts to some, but following these simple steps will decrease the likelihood of a frustrated opponent taking a cheap shot at your prized QB's knees.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Some fans in our section were screaming for the Chargers to pour it on. I screamed back, "we are not the effing Patriots".

That shut them up.

Then I said nicely, it shows no respect for the team in our house to run up a score. None. It is classless in my book. The other team is beaten and there is no need to rub it in (unless it is the Raiders). :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Agreed. But if it's the Raiders, fuc it. We still owe them for the Holy Roller and so much more. :icon_rofl:

I'm sure leisure and MTL will be here soon to explain how it showed weakness on Norv's part to not run it up.

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    or the donkies... hope our boys score 75....:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I can pretty much guarantee leisure won't be here to explain anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I also thought it showed a great deal of class how the Chargers handled themselves during this game. It's nice to chear for winners, but even better when they are good guys.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Well said! Norv and the Bolts did exactly what you should in that situation. :abq2::bolt::abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I agree 100%.

But if the Chargers were to meet the Patriots in the playoffs, I wouldn't shed a tear if they dropped 60 on them. :bolt:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    They are no longer members here.

It's also nice to get some valuable reps in should we need those guys later in the year.

10. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I didn't know. Guess I missed that drama. :lol:

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I wouldn't care if they were up by 80. I'd still go for a two point conversion.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    MTL is still a member here, leisure however has dug his own grave on this forum.

13. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is all great but our last two games are the Donkeys and Raiders and they better get a full serving of Bolt prison sex right up their Holiday, golf course planning asses. :yes:

14. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Unless you are an Up with People optimist and suck up to the old guard you pretty much get run out of here. Those guys had good takes and definitely knew football. Definitely takes the edge off the place.

Shame this forum can't more openly support different opinions and points of view without throwing labels on people all the time.

By the way completely agree with the thread starter on this one. Bolts finished that game with pure class.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :tup: :icon_evil:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Have to disagree with you 100%. leisure left on his own accord, then started spouting hate messages to myself and members of this board via email and on his failed forum. You probably should know what you're talking about before you chime in. :tdown:

This forum has and will continue to support different opinions and has been extremely patient with posters that seem to always be involved in EVERY conflict.

If you owned this board and someone asked to have his account deleted, then publicly told lies and spouted internet threats of secret info he was going to release about you, would you ever allow that person to return?

leisure is permanently gone and rightfully so. Truth is he did have good takes at times, bad takes at times, but he also ran off plenty of posters and his latest behavior is not acceptable by any definition of the word.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Who's leisure...

18. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Exactly. We still have meaningful games left, and our backups are going to have to step up. So far so good. :tup:

19. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Alpen... Dude WTF? That is not true and you know it. People post their opinions, and they get commented on. You have to have a thick skin here, or on any forum, that is just the facts of the matter. If you are talking about L and MTL, they left of their own accord.

Yes they had football knowledge, but did not try to get along with most people here. That was on them, not the forum or whom every this 'old guard' is. Several people here liked them and their takes, no one drove them off, no matter what is posted for drama's sake. Dont get swept into that game...

People are not going to hold other peoples hands. When I post something others dont like they respond. It is no different for anyone else. If you take it personally, and get twisted about it, some will jump on that just to tick you off.

You have been here for quite a while and I know you know this.

At times it doesnt, but are you going to let others force you to not post. So what if others dont agree with your take, post it anyways. if they get bent that is their issue, right. The fact is we are all Charger fans, and most everyone here will fight and claw in the forums, but when we meet it lifting beers and cheering on the Chargers, and laughing at being an arse on the forum. you swing out this way, first beer is on me. Now I am a cheap bastige, so that is saying something!:lol:

Agreed 100%:icon_toast:

21. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I agree with what Conc said he is a cheap bastige...:lol:

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Thanks for your support I think.

23. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I was kidding Conc [​IMG] that was a good post...

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No.

He is a cheap bastid. :yes:

You should have seen him work over the Sweet Baby Rays chicks for free BBQ sauce and then jumped me for 2 calendars after the game. :lol:

Good thing I told the chick handing out calendars I had 12 kids at home. :icon_rofl:

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Great thread & post. Everything about yesterday's win was pretty special to me - including the way we won & seeing my Bolt son play so well. :tup:

I'm glad that we didn't try to run up the score. Let's save that for the Pats. :icon_twisted:

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It may say something about our chances in the playoffs if 51 points was NOT running up the score. N'est ce pas? :lol:

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Well, I don't know that we'll see many Detroit's in the playoffs. :lol:

Still, it was fun to see the backups still score points.

I hope we're beginning to become the juggernaut that we all hoped for at the beginning of the season. :tup:

28. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Yanno, I've been following this team since the late '60s, and I can't remember us ever scoring 51 points in a regular-season game before. Anyone know what the stats are?

29. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The only other one I can think of was a 55-21 ***-pounding in Oakland (can't remember the year). :bolt:

• Like Like x 2
  30. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Agree with ntman68 all the way on that!!! :yes: