1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wins not influencing quest for new stadium

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061203-9999-1m3win.html

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    The UT is notorious for giving a negtaive spin to a new stadium. Take what you read in that paper as the opinion of the vocal minority. I'm shocked that they didn't interview Bruce Henderson for his opinion like they did last year.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So,is there a serious prob with support for a new stadium somewhere in the county?? The article said San Antonio is interested...I haven't heard anything for months...mebbe we're waitinta see what shakesa out after the first fo the year!!:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

4. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    San Antonio ain't going to happen. Too small of a market.

But I am afraid we won't keep our team. Californians just don't support sports enough to put in new stadiums. Look at the pieces of crap the state has now. All aging relics.

Good news is I think they will end up in Las Vegas. I can still support them if they end up there as I consider it a suburb of San Diego and I like that town. NFL may not like a team in a betting town like Vegas though.

I can't support this team if they go back to LA though. Just can't do it.

And San Diego is such a great city for Superbowls and bowl games. Hard to see how this couldn't make good economic sense. What a shame.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If they end up anywhere besides San Diego county, it will be LA.

That is IF LA ever gets a team. It was suppose to happen several times and never has.

The best thing Spanos has going for him is that he has the only NFL team in Southern California.

Vegas won't happen and neither will San Antonio.