1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wireless Handhelds ... HELP! Is Wifi that convenient?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by benjamink15, May 29, 2008.

1. benjamink15

benjamink15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey,

So i'm getting a new phone. I'm debating whether to get a Blackberry, an HTC, a Palm or some other device.

My dilemma is, Telus doesnt offer have any phones that are wifi capable. My understanding is that they remove this capability deliberately to almost force you to use their internet. I thought it was soo cool initially that i could be connected to the net ALL THE TIME because when i'm on campus there is wireless, at home i have wireless and at work i have wireless.

So i thought long and hard about switching phone companies to maybe Rogers or something like that just so i could get an iphone or some other phone that allows me to use wifi. The more i think about it ... i dont have wifi now and i'm perfectly fine ... I'm not even sure if i'd be using the capability as much as i think (but i could be on the Message Board 24/7 )

Any experts on this matter? Do you have a wifi capable device? How is it? Would you trade it for something without wifi?

I really like Telus' service, rate plans, friendly customer service and i dont mind the phone choices. I really dont wanna switch phone companies either. If one of their smartphones had wifi i think i would be a kid in a candy store.

Help!

2. benjamink15

benjamink15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm Canadian btw

Telus is the equivalent of sayyy Sprint and Rogers is like AT&T or Verizon
    (i.e Telus is CDMA/EDVO technology and Rogers is GSM?)

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I have a Blackberry with Verizon and I love it. I love the internet capabilities and having my email on the go is great, especially when I am away from the office playing hookie.

I think I (my company) am paying around $90 a month for my plan...