1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wish we played the Titans and Bucs like the Pats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    WOW !!! Pats beat the Titans 59-0 !!!!!! Titans stink BAD. Then next week the Pats play the 0-6 Bucs !!!

Wish we were playing these 2 teams in back to back weeks. We play the Titans on Christmas day in Tennessee later. They probably will have their act together by then when they play us.

59-0 could have EASILY been 70 something to ZERO. I watched the whole game. Titans stink bad :puke:

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    If we were up 21-0 at any point in that game Norv would start running the clock out.

We will never beat a team like that.

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Yea, it's nice to think about things like this. Chargers get a partial christmas bonus, having tenosee turkeys for dinner. But for now, it's time to get to work, time to put the whip to those Asses from the mild-high city... GO BOLTS!

Pointy :icon_twisted:

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I wish they had broadcast the Pats-Titans game out here. Sanchez and the homers won out....Jets-Bills wasn't a bad game.

Brady and his receiving corps had a great day....running up the same number of passing TD's..almost in one quarter...as he has had over the prior five games was quite a feat.

How could a team like the Titans fall so low so quickly?

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Injuries and probably falling morale based on constant losses

Sad to see that, they're just falling apart and they're really not THAT bad

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Major injuries in their secondary and the loss of Albert Haynesworth to free agency.

Safeties Vincent Fuller and Michael Griffin didn't play or played very little versus the Pats. Throw in both starting CBs Finnegan and Harper being out for the game. Then two starting LBs that weren't anywhere near 100% but tried to play.

This means they can't really blitz and can't stop the run.

No pass rush + no run defense.

Sounds familiar.

Then add in that their offense is struggling a lot, having thrown almost twice as many INT as TD, and Collins is completing only 55% of his passes.

However, their running game is decent at 5.3 yards-per-rush and ranks 7th in the league at 138 yards per game.

This all leads to them being 28th in scoring (14 ppg), 24th in passing (172 ypg), and 21st in total yards.

Hence, 0-6.

7. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Just take the Titans out back and shoot them. That's what they did to take Old Yeller out of his misery.

Don't worry, Philip will get his opportunity to throw for 350 yards and 5 TD's on Christmas.......

When is the draft?

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Dude, condolences. No one could have forseen the Titans tanking like this, or jeff Fisher losing the team in this manner. Has to be hard to be a fan this season. :no:

That said, can we have Vanden Bosche? :lol:

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I heard that Jevon Kearse didn't even suit up for the game, because he felt he wasn't going to be playing.

When Fisher confirmed that, Kearse didn't stand on the sidelines to support the team, but instead went up into the stands and sat with friends and family. That way he could avoid traffic afterwards. :icon_eek:

Imagine how Bolt fans would crucify Merriman if he was inactive for a game, and instead of standing on the sidelines cheering the team on, he decided to sit in the stands with two women while Tila Tequila was kneeling in prayer at his lap.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    The idea of Tequila still in the picture is the most offensive part of that :lol: I thought she was banned from this board

But yeah they're having an injury filled year that makes ours look like a walk in the park. this is just a bad year and Titansfan you got my condolences big time on this

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Their last two games:

@ Pats, L, 59-0
    vs Colts, L, 31-9

They've scored just 3 FG in the last two games, while giving up 90 points!

:icon_eek:

12. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Its all good Ant.....you have season's like this, but usually, you can see them coming. I thought the Titans would be somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6, with the loss of Haynesworth, Schwartz, and the brutal pre-bye schedule, but 0-6 and getting beat by NE 100-0 was not what I forsaw.

Jeff Fisher may not survive this one. He's dodged one or two bullets before, but the lynch mob is out in force now.

The Kearse deal was this......all coaches have to make their inactives known 90 minutes before kickoff. Jevon had a feeling that he might be inactive, but nobody really confirmed or denied it until 90 minutes before the Indy game last Sunday night. He flipped out, took off, and went home to watch the game with his family who was in town.

Just a crazy, crazy year. If you all want any players, call the Titans....they may have a fire sale by tomorrow.

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'll give ya Buster Davis for Michael Griffin :lol: after all you guys stole who we were targeting back them, you could have saved AJ from his own bright idea :lol:.

And frankly if you got demolished that bad twice in a row I'd think everyteam's lynch mob would be out in force. We lost once that bad to Pittsburgh and people wanted Norv tarred and feathered (present company included). But I would have never seen you guys falling apart as bad as you did, sucks man.

14. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    It would just be nice to have to play an 0-5 team then play an 0-6 team the following week to maybe work out the kinks in our armor so to speak, and get a couple of easy wins.

Tennessee will be better on Christmas day when we do play them.