1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

With Chambers out who is the #3 reciever?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Oct 8, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Buster will move up to #2 reciever but, who will move up to #3? Naanee, Floyd, or Osgood?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Floyd and Naanee will share the duties... My guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    if I understand the active/Inactive workings,

It won't be Floyd

according to Acee

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2008/oct/05/forney-active-floyd-out/

Guard Kynan Forney has yet to play since being signed the week before the season, but he is active today as insurance for Mike Goff, who will start but do so with a strained left knee. Forney was also active against Carolina.

As expected, outside linebacker Jyles Tucker (straind hamstring) is also inactive. Marques Harris will start in his place.

Receiver Malcom Floyd is inactive for the first time this season. Floyd was the odd man out with Brandon McKinney being released Saturday. McKinney had been inactive every game.

Paul Oliver is inactive a second straight week. Rookie tackle Corey Clark is inactive a third straight week. Linebacker Anthony Waters and tight end Kris Wilson are inactive for the fifth time in five weeks.

Defensive tackle Ian Scott, signed Sept. 23, is also inactive for a second week, and Charlie Whitehurst is the third QB.

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd really like to see Naanee get some reps. Norv crows about him in preseason, but we've yet to see anything since the regular season started. :icon_shrug:

Hell - try Cro at WR, too. Anything to jump start this club.

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Is CC definitely out for sunday?...

If so I'd love to see Floyd and Legs get a shot. I can't see Buster making the sort of impact a no. 2 should. Floyd has always come up big when he got a sniff of a shot eg. Cinci game.

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    That article is dated Sunday Oct. 5th, is that last week or this week?

I think that is last week's inactive list.

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    That was defo the miami game inactive list... not to say that CC might be active sunday. I would imagine he will struggle to be fit for the Pats.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    oops

my bad

first time I've wrong all day!!

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

9. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    how long is CC out 4:icon_shrug::icon_huh:

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Id say Naanee is #3 now

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Oct 8, 2008

The Chargers returned to the practice field this afternoon without running back LaDainian Tomlinson, wide receiver Chris Chambers and linebacker Jyles Tucker.

The first two were receiving treatment in the treatment in the training room -- Tomlinson with his nagging toe injury, Chambers with an ankle he sprained during Sunday's loss at Miami -- while Tucker was jogging around an adjacent field in his recovery from a hamstring injury.

Nothing new guys... :icon_shrug:

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Oct 8 2008

In San Diego, receiver Chris Chambers (ankle), running back LaDainian Tomlinson (turf toe) and linebacker Jyles Tucker (hamstring) didn't practice.

Tomlinson has taken every Wednesday off except last week since he was injured in Week 1.

He is expected to play against New England on Sunday night. Chambers and Tucker, though, will likely have to be monitored throughout the week and they both could miss Sunday's game.

Here's another one... :icon_shrug:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I guess it'll have to be
    1: VJ
    2: Davis
    3: Naane

and that 1-2 combo is what we had the first game against the Pats in 2007. That so doesn't make me feel confident at all

14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    It is a year later for those guys who have improved. Still having Jabba is what gives me no confidense.

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Hey, we are glad you are wrong. Floyd needs to play against NE's smallish cornerbacks.

Speaking of inactives: WTF is up with Paul Oliver? If this guy was such a steal with that supp pick, he would be seeing the field, especially given how the secondary has been playing.

16. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182
    Floyd near goaline for fade... Nanee middle of the field

my 2 cents

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Let's see what happens today :yes:

18. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I think it will be Floyd. If I remember right Norv was talking him up at the beginning of the season.