1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

With Jammer, Wright injured, Chargers call up a practice squad corner/

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Sep 15, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    With Jammer, Wright injured, Chargers call up a practice squad corner

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 15, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
    AP
    San Diego cornerback Shareece Wright is out of Sunday’s game against the Titans, and cornerbackQuentin Jammer is listed as probable on the injury report despite a broken hand, so the Chargers have made a roster move to bolster the secondary.

The Chargers announced on Saturday that they have signed cornerback Greg Gatson from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. Gatson is an undrafted rookie from Arkansas who got a lot of playing time with the Chargers in the preseason, with 15 tackles on defense and one on special teams.

With Wright out and Jammer possibly at less than 100 percent on Sunday against the Titans, the availability of Gatson gives the Chargers more depth at cornerback.

To make room on the 53-man roster for Gatson, the Chargers released guard-tackle Reggie Wells. For now the Chargers need depth in the secondary more than they need depth on the offensive line, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Chargers re-sign Wells next week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Alas Reggie Wells, we hardly knew ye

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    I love Jammer...I really do.

But I must say, as I was reading this, and thinking about Jammer's
    interception capacity in the best of times...then minus having one hand
    heavily wrapped and reinforced, the same word kept coming to mind:

"Dalek...Dalek...Dalek..."

Broken Hand Jammer.jpg

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Is that a Dr. Who reference? Even so, I don't get it.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Yes

(Daleks can move, but their straight, skinny appendages bear little resemblance to human arms or hands...)