1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Woodhead Torn ACL Out for the Year

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Just reported by Adam Schefter and others

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Mother..... BAH!

3. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    Well I guess that those complaining about Gordon not getting enough work will get what they want. I hope he's ready.

I feel so bad for Danny... I would love if he works into some sort of media role once he decides to hang it up. I love that dude.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    If it wasn't for bad luck, the Chargers would have no luck at all.

5. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Gutted. Such a shame for the lad.

6. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Wow. I'm shocked. Just no luck at all.

I guess it is all in for CJ Spiller. The only viable option in free agency, if he's even willing to play. Joique Bell is probably the best option, but I've heard he doesn't want to move from Michigan (born and raised there, went to college there, played 5 seasons with the Lions as well).

As for Danny, it was a big year for him. Usually 31 year old running backs don't produce, unless your name is Frank Gore, but man was he cooking in Week 1. Unfortunate, it is a contract year for him. Think we re-sign him, but we should invest in a RB via draft or free agency next year as insurance.

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Bring Ronnie Hillman home.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    What a drag for Woodhead.

9. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    I know the Internet is full of supposed experts with all sorts of credentials, so please just take this for what it's worth. I'm married to a dual credentialed Athletic Trainer who has her doctorate in Physical Therapy. She has said forever that the Chargers have way too many non-contact injuries that are preventable with the help of a good training staff. Going years back now she has said the Bolts need to clean out their training staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Did you say "she"...?

:tdown:

Oops....sorry...forgot and thought I was posting on PFT for a second... :p

In all seriousness, I really have no idea how we compare to, say, the Atlanta Falcons on non-contact injuries...

11. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    I've never known Hillman to be much of the 3rd down type back we need to replace.

12. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    I wonder if McCluster can pick up a blitz? He's not built for it, but you never know. Whiz will know. He can certainly catch.

13. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Sadly before the game started, I said outloud "Wonder what weapon we're losing today"

*woodhead carted off*

"It's woodhead" :(

14. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Been saying that for a while. Duffman, who shows up here from time to time, is (think he's almost done with his schooling) in process of becoming an AT and has worked in a such intern-capacity for the Oregon football team, and he's been echoing this for a while. Issue is, you have to pay for good trainers... or rather, the Spanos family would have to pay for good trainers, along with buyout the contracts of the existing ones. And those two things fly in the face of the motto on the Spanos family crest: "Toujours Bon Marche" (or really, it's Greek so...
    "Pánta Fthiná").

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Not that it matters much to what you're saying, but Woodhead's injury was very much a contact injury. I don't think it was the result of bad training so much as him getting trucked by a fast, aggressive LB while his leg was planted.

16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Sorry to hear that Woody is lost for the rest of the season. He brings such enthusiasm to the game, and he will be missed. Who is the next man up to assume Woodhead's role? And we are talking real world here, not just someone's dream team fantasy player or FA castoff...

17. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    So sorry to see Woodhead go down in the game. If anybody doesn't deserve this to happen to him its Danny.

Gordon will see a ton of work now so will see his stats begin to climb as he is playing really well right now. Don't think we will bring anybody else in for Danny as we have Williams and Farrow on the roster. A lot of power in those two backs!!

18. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ And Watt too...

19. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    Thanks. I have to watch this game on Rewind.