1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Would it make a difference to you if Merriman was taking for an injury?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DelMarBoltFan, Oct 23, 2006.

1. DelMarBoltFan

DelMarBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I was thinking about Luis Castillo's situation before the 05 draft, everyone was down on him for steroids, but the reason behind him taking was not one to be concerned about. He had an injured arm and took to help him heal. I would take it alot easier if Merriman was simply taking it for healing an injury like Castillo was. But if he were taking it for performance enhancement, I would disown him until he proves he can perform without the roids.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Didn't Merriman have an achilles injury at the beginning of the month that he was fighting through?

3. DelMarBoltFan

DelMarBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    this is true, i believe he injured it in the titans game.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If it was for an injury and he is able to make his case without it being disputed as plausible, sure... I'll give the guy 100% support when he returns.

Until that happens, dude is on my "Piece of ****" list... just the way it goes.

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i thought castillo tested positive for andro or something. not the same as steroids.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Hmm it could be possible that it was for an injury... it could be very possible. I would imagine that a higher RBC count helps the body heal more quickly but again I could be dead wrong. Just makes sense. You have a great point.

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Until that happens, dude is on my "Piece of ****" list... just the way it goes.[/QUOTE]

He's considered a brother till he's not wearing bolts, thats just the way it goes for me.

i may be looked down on for saying this considering all the **** ive given barroid bonds but i dont care. the only thing im upset at is he's hurting himself long term and hurting our team for the next month.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That's the reason Ben Johnson (the Olympic sprinter from Canada) took them before the Olympics where he set the WR record only to be stripped later on and it given to Carl Lewis.

Ben said he suffered a hamstring injury in training a few weeks prior to the Olympics, and feared he wouldn't be able to run as fast as he could during heats and finals. Taking steroids allowed him to heal from that injury in only 8 days I think, instead of the normal two to three weeks he was told.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am kind of torn here. :icon_huh:

When Chuck Muncie was running, we all knew he had a few Eight balls of coke up his nose, but then so did we back in the day, :icon_mrgreen: so it was kind of cool :tup:

My concern here is the dude makes enough jack that he should have been able to bullet proof his asss (no pun intended after the Foley deal) to see this coming.

HGH is undetectable so WTF....

Pay for the good undetectable **** - the clear -

I would vote to kick everyone in Merriman's posse the fuc out for not covering their boys *** and replace them with me.

I will hook this mother fugger up right and charge half the fee those assswipes did as leaches. :icon_banana:

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    when he comes out and talks it will be for a injury or something else for sure, otherwise he wouldnt need to appeal it or want to come out with the truth, the other players being busted are just taking their suspensions

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This is why he's on the list! I understand taking it for an injury (a la Castillo). But I don't understand how he could do something as blatant as taking anabolic steroids and expect to get away with it!!

Also, I read his story in ESPN the Magazine and feel like dude got over on me. I never put him on some kind of pedastal... but I did have some love for him.

So it's two fold for me: half of it his has to do with his integrity and the other half his stupidity!!

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Part of it also is Merriman making fools out of the fans and us falling for it like idiots. It makes me feel like I got raped mentally. :icon_eek:

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    My mind got fuc't by a foo. Damn :tdown:

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    It doesn't matter if he was using them to heal faster. Last time I checked, that was still against the rules. He should have taken a game or 2 off to heal like a normal person does.

15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah, this is the worst. It feels like being conned or ripped off or something.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    By back in the day you mean at the Steelers Sunday nighter, right? :icon_banana:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Gees I did just a couple of tiny fat asss lines but no eight ball.....that is a lot of coke. Back in my college days sombody would always have some but it is not popular now or I guess it loses its' appeal as you get older. I don't like stuff which makes me hate food and sleep .......... thats whacked.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I dunno man... you looked pretty googly eyed in that video from training camp last year :yes:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah but that was beer :icon_toast: and weed :icon_high: only and no cola but it would have been appreciated. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_party: :icon_banana:

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I just hope he's the same beast without the steroids!!!:icon_evil:

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  22. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,475
    No one whos been accused has ever overturned the ruling, and his case sounds like a slam dunk.
    But if he can medically prove it was for injury(which is reasonable) I will consider forgiving Shawne Merriman.:icon_eek:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If it is for injury, it needs to be approved by the NFL or you are fuc't.

24. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yea i'll support

25. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    who backs up harris at olb?

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  27. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    so ur sayin polk's gonna start now? couldnt they sub in a ilb instead? isnt polk slower than wilhelm and cooper neway

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

Polk is a freaking idiot. He is going to get more playing time but watch him pull the boneheaded play of the day. That dude is not reall football smart.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Oh crap .... :icon_eek: