1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Would Martyball have won the game yesterday?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I was thinking that if we played yesterday the same way we played the Ravens in week 3, we might have won.

Anyone else thing so?

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    No. Marty is cursed.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm sorry dude... I like ya'... but I'm givin' you the...

[​IMG]

4. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    well if you mean give the ball to the mvp of the league more than nine times in the the last thirty minutes of play then yeah id say we get the w. but that is not martyball, martyballs only strategy is to ****in lose in the playoffs, thats what espn says thats what si says thats what every analyst alive says so it must be true. with that said he has to be cursed there is no other explanation for what constantly occurs to the ****er everywhere he goes. i fear change and know we can't stay the same or were fuqd. we need to know what skeletons are in martys closet to fully understand why the dude is flat out doomed.

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Michael Turner would have won the game. Trade LT he is hopeless in the playoffs, he has a worse playoff record than Morty :icon_evil:

6. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19

WHAT!!!!! THE F.....
    ARE YOU ON MEDICATION OR WHAT :icon_huh:

7. rnesunga

rnesunga BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Response to the post by MtlBoltsFan "Michael Turner would have won the game. Trade LT he is hopeless in the playoffs, he has a worse playoff record than Morty"

You're kidding right?!? LT had a VERY GOOD game compared to everyone else on that game (maybe even the rest of the league over the weekend). It is too bad the coaching staff did not give him more chances to help the team win later in the game. If there is anyone to blame in that game, it is the one who made the play calling in their possession of the game with about 4:30 left (after the Pats tied the game). Why didn't they continue running the ball after the 2nd and 5 play??? All three backs the Chargers use can get the other 5 yards in two plays to keep the possession going! The two incompletion pass that followed that one run just stopped the clock. 3:30 is plenty of time for a guy like Tom Brady to lead his team down the field for a win! Then again, there are so many things to consider why they lost the game. Drop passes, slipping on a reverse play, and fumbles during returns would be the ones I would point my finger to.

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,298
    Did you watch the same LT I watched? :rolleyes:

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,476
    The LT who had 170 total yards and 2tds with absolutely no help from the weapons who are supposed to take heat off him?
    Obviously not.:unsure:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    MTL was dropped on the head as a child. We just humor him around here.

Just say "Ok MTL, Ok MTL", or he's likely to have a tantrum. :lol:

11. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16

I think our game plan was perfect but we just dropped too many passes. However that second to last drive with under 4 minutes to go, I really wanted to see Martyball especially since they couldn't stop him all game. There is a time and a place for Marty ball and that was the time.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    *The 4th and 11 from the 30 was not smart football and a NO vote of confidence for Kaeding to kick a 47 yd FG.

*The non hail mary to end the half always bothers me.

*The Timeout after the long TV timeout was flatout ridiculous.

*The challenged and wasted timeout for the McCree fumble. Everyone knew he fumbled it but Marty.

Our game management sucked huevos and this is on Marty.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    MTL is just tryin to get a rise outa yall, which he did... :lol:

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    THIS has been my biggest problem with Marty. He displayed the same incompetence in this area during the Jets playoff game.

He is supposed to have disciplined teams. The one the showed up yesterday has no fuking clue what that means.

Taunting. Talking Trash. Stupid penalties. So that's what you get from a Marty team in the playoffs?

15. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    :bolt2: :bolt2: :bolt2: whatever the ****** *** game is over, we lost. next. I live by these 3 words and i advise you guys to do the same... Pinche Puro Party!!!! :bolt2:

16. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    what i really want to know is why didnt mCcardell get thrown too where the hell was he he might not go over the middle and take thr blasts but he caches the ball

17. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49

keenan didnt get in until way later. jackson started.

18. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    dropped passes and 9 touches by LT...2 turnovers 11 points..doesnt matter if Martyball played. We didnt do well.