1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you bring Seau back for minimum wage?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Mar 5, 2008.

?

Would you bring Seau back for minimum wage?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2008.
  1. YES

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. NO

39 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    and why or why not? Just having fun here...

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Would it be a contract to keep him active for the whole season or just an Emmit Smith kind of contract so he'll retire a Charger?

3. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    1 yr deal... To play.... whether or not he lasts... his playing time is up to his ability... This would not be for his retirement in uniform.

I think he would be a good locker room presence... I dont think it is gonna happen, but you can you imagine shawne, and Jr running out at the beginning of the game at the Murph!!! :flag:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    No

we have no room for him and to be honest I'm still a bit honked off about his time with the patriots

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No - we need our roster spots for quality backups & impact starters.

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Hell no.

Can you see Seau playing Special Teams? I can't, and that's what backups do. Just a stupid idea...

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Seau is broken.

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Bad luck.

9. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I'd like to dress him in a Chargergirl uni and make him spend a day in the blackhole just for playing for the Cheaters.

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    No way! He has the stink of the Patriots on him. :tdown:

11. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I would if it weren't for the fact that I wouldn't want to get rid of any of the young backups to make room for him. If we did, I would in a heartbeat. How fantastic would it be to see Junior get his ring wearing Bolts on his shoulders.

Now if the unforseeable, unmentionable thing happens to some of our ILB's and we need to sign some depth up off the street in the middle of the season and Seau is available, he would be the first person I would call.

12. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    No...who knows what bad habits he picked up under Belicheat.

13. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I don't hold Seau's time with the Cheatriots against him, he wanted to play some more football and they offered him an opportunity, and a good chance to get a ring before he retired.

With that said, I wouldn't bring him back, even at minimum wage which I doubt he would accept anyway...to do so, we'd have to part with a younger and at this point better player to make room for him.

He was offered the chance to "graduate" as a Charger, but he ran to New England without a second thought and helped keep us from a Superbowl so we don't owe him anything else. I doubt if we'll be giving out #55 to anyone soon, if ever again but that's about it...

14. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I wanna see Raging Waters...

15. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    :yes:

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I had read he was going to be having surgury on BOTH shoulders.

We have no room for him, especially since we picked up Smith.

Seau should now retire for good, before he goes down with the rest of the Cheatriots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Not only no, but HELL no. Why waste a good roster spot for an old wash-up has been?

18. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    That is exactly it....He graduated as a Charger. The thought of him with a super bowl ring while a charger is great, but there was no hesitation to join the Pats...They needed him the Bolts don't

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly. I think it's silly to hold a grudge against him for making that decision. Not to mention that when the signed with the Patsies was before anyone knew about the spy cam situation and before the Patsies disrespected us on our turf.
    Not to mention, his attitude towards us is still good. I love this idea but it's not in our best interest.

Now Harrison is another story. I can't stand that f**king *******!!!
    The little Patsie cried after got his first ring because nobody from the Spanos family called and congratulated him.
    Well listen *******!! They have better things to do that think about you! Especially since you're no longer a Charger!!
    He should have been a Raider. He's got the dirty, classless mentality. Yet he cries when nobody gives him the respect that he didn't earn!!

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yes... but only if he promises to graduate for good this time.

(i'd like to be able to wear my #55 someday soon. :bolt:

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No.

Junior is a pussssy.

Dude bailed on his first son.

Lost his restaurant to his wife in the divorce (who he gave the clap to)

Got drunk and wiped out a row of cars during the season which not many know about.......

Media darling my *** - fuc him. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  22. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Trumpy says no, so that's good enough for me. I still like Seau though, I can't help it. Even though, I'm pretty pissed off at him and he's a big jerk. I must be like battered-fan syndrome.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    How a man conducts himself off the field is as important as how he conducts himself on the field.

Junior Seau is an arrogant self absorbed prick who likes to talk about himself in the 3rd person.

He graduated in front of Dean Spanos and after the media circus, un-retires to play for the Patriots.

Junior has no class. None.

I have been down this road before and someone will say "dude you are not a real fan"... :lol: Watch :yes:

24. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The thing that ruined Junior for me was FanFest several years ago.

During the break, they had a half hour for kids to get autographs. They had players at various tables kind of grouped by position. There was a huge line of kids waiting to get Junior's autograph, and he couldn't have looked like he enjoyed it less. Mechanically signing ****, handing it back to kids, hardly looking at them. I thought it was one of the most f*cked up things I had ever seen. How hard would it have been for him to smile and act cool to the kids. But I guess Mr. Big Time couldn't be troubled. From that point on my view of him changed.

Now, (COOL STORY ALERT) from the same day...

I took my son Ty who was like 8 or 9 at the time. he farted around on the giant inflatable stuff too long, and got in line late for autographs. He wanted to get Junior Seau's autograph, but the line was too long and there were only a few minutes left. There was a table of defensive guys with hardly anyone around it, so I told him he should go over there. He was getting flustered because a bunch of bigger kids were crowding him out, and he was about to start crying. Gerald Dixon, former linebacker with the Chargers, saw what was happening and called him over. Dixon rounded up Marcellus Wiley, Raylee Johnson, and a few other players and had them sign Ty's program, shook his hand, etc. It was incredibly cool, and was quite the juxtaposition of Mr. Big Time. My son walked around with a huge smile the rest of the day, and Gerald Dixon will always be one of my favorite Chargers because he gets it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    *drumroll*

DUDE... YOU ARE NOT A REAL FAN!!! :icon_tease::icon_rofl:

ps - I'll still wear that wife-cheatin', drunk drivin', no-autograph-givin', un-graduatin' bastard's #55 once he's finally officially done. Of course, I'll wait several years just to make sure he doesn't resurface in the Arena League or some shiit.

26. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Agreed - we have graduated from any such inclination. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  27. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

I'm With This Guy....Despite His Shortcomings And Issues I Miss Seeing Junior Run On The Field With Us...He Was The Face Of The Organization For Many Years...When We Had Hardly Anything To Watch A Charger Game For, We Could Sit Back And Watch The Hometown Hero Play His Heart Out For Us.....

True I Didn't Like Him Going To The Patriots But If The Man Still Wanted To Play And WE Weren't Offering Him A Job Then He Did What He had To Do....I'm Not Mad At Him For That....

His Off Field Issues Were His Own Problems So I Have No Room Or No Right To Judge Him As A Human Being....

But As far As A Football Player...I Say He Might Have ONE More Year Still In The tank...His Influence As A Player Can't Be Denied....And To See Junior Next To Merriman Would Be Incredible To Me....And Just Maybe (Like Someone Mentioned) To See Junior Come Back Home And Get A Ring Where He Rightfully Belongs Would Be The Perfect Storybook Ending For The Career Of A Linebacker Who's Influenced The Sport Of Football So Much....

So Long In Short, I See Many Good Reasons To Bring Junior Back Home....

• Like Like x 1
  28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Pass. He's done. Wouldn't want him back anyway.

29. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Seau is history, we have too stacked of a roster to waste room with someone like him.

30. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Great story about your son's experience. You'll see these unsung heroes scattered throughout the professional ranks and other forms of show biz. Some people actually understand that without the FAN...they have nada.