1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

would you take this deal?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Jan 17, 2014.

?

make the deal

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

66.7%
  1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +468
    Manning throws 7 td passes in the superbowl, he wins it, the media reacts as you would expect, he's the best ever, yada, yada, but...he retires and you never see him on the field again

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,857
    Denver not winning the SB doesn't help San Diego in any way, so if him winning it helps convince him to retire I'm all for it.

And we wouldn't lose any ground on the ring count for AFC West rivals if you care anything about that, either.

3. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +249
    Personally, I both like and respect Peyton. He's a hell of a QB, and a classy guy. If he could go in to the Superbowl against either a Niners or Seahawks D that are both elite and throw 7 TDs to win it all on the back of a record breaking regular season, then maybe he would be the greatest ever, and as a fan of the game, I'd hope he'd carry on playing if he did do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,371
    I'm not concerned about Manning's career..... He's not a Charger.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +468
    true, but Denver wouldn't be as good without him, plus, he's a Manning, f' them all (well, just 3)

6. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +491
    No. Because....:broncossuck:
    Go Seattle!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,371
    We played them tough all three times, even with a roster full of holes...... and some key injuries. I'm not that concerned about Manning frankly.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +750
    only if he convinces Papa johns to give away 3 million free pizzas

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    I really think if Denver wins this year, Peyton will retire.

Think about it. After having 4 neck surgeries, coming back to play football really worth risking your health for the rest of your life? He will have 2 Super Bowl rings, 2 time Super Bowl MVP, 5 time MVP, and just a historical regular season where he broke almost every record, why wouldn't you want to retire on top? His playoff record will be 12-11, so he won't have that cloud over his head either.

It would be the smartest thing to do, and as a Charger fan, I don't really care for him or his team, but I wouldn't mind it either.

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,371
    Too bad, he's losing to New England. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I don't think so.

Injuries have hampered both teams getting to this game, but New England has lost so much on defense. Their LB's Sunday will be Dane Fletcher, Donta Hightower, and Jamie Collins. You really think any of those guys can cover Julius Thomas? Or even the safeties, Devin McCourty and Steve Gregory who've been terrible this year.

I think Talib and Dennard hold their own against D. Thomas and Decker, but I don't see Kyle Arrington shutting Wes Welker down again or any of those LB's or Safeties being able to cover Julius Thomas.

Think Denver wins in a shoot out.

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,371
    If New England can run the ball effectively against Denver (like we did in our win), they can keep Manning on the bench and control the game. They tore up the Colts last week on the ground.

13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I hate to sound so arrogant, but I know how this match up will end up. I live in New England. I've been hearing this far too long, and I just love hearing every New England Patriot call into the radio and idiotically say there going to blow out Manning and the Broncos, or even not even mention the Broncos and talk about how their in the Super Bowl already.

When these 2 teams matched up earlier in the season, the Patriots had their best offensive weapon on the field in Rob Gronkowski. He won't be on the field come Sunday. The Broncos had one of their best offensive weapons off the field that day in Julius Thomas. He'll be on the field come Sunday.

Gronk had a huge part in the that comeback, securing 2 key red zone catches, one that went for a score. The Patriots in that game only had 86 rushing yards, and both Ridley and Blount fumbled.

You look at the match ups, Talib will contain Demaryius Thomas, Dennard will shut down Eric Decker, which leaves Julius Thomas and Wes Welker. I think Welker will be contained, he won't be shut down like he was in the first match up. But, I just don't see how Jamie Collins, Devin McCourty, and Duron Harmon contain Julius Thomas.

Also don't forget the Broncos can run the ball as well. Against a New England team they rushed against for 280 yards in the first match up.

Weather also had a big play in that game, so looking how the Broncos came out against us, aggressive and letting Manning getting in a groove early, which didn't happen when the Pats Donks played the first time, I don't think the Patriots can pull this one out.

14. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189
    One of the only joys left this season is to watch Manning get to the SB, and fail. :) Side note, also watching Patriots fans cry because they didn't make the SB. (as of they feel they are entitled to go every other year)

I think I am rooting for seattle to win it all, only because SF fans don't need a 6th ring to brag about, but I'd root SF over Donkeys and Cheatriots if it came down it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    The perfect scenario for me is that Donks and Pats play to a tie, and both Peyton and Tommy stay home and whine. SF goes to the Super Bowl and loses (they got enough rings)

Could happen.....

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,371
    And yet, games rarely go just how people expect them to...... that's why they still have to play the games, not just run a computer simulation. ;)

17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    This is how I'm leaning... if Donkey fans and Pats fans weren't generally such awful specimens of humanity (there's always a few good apples) I might be willing to root for Peyton or the Patsies with some sense AFC loyalty. I respect Peyton and like him, he's good people, but Donkey fans would be even more insufferable than they already are... This way the Seachickens get the ring they deserve (they should have one instead of the Steelers but I digress...) and all the obnoxious Brady/Manning fanboys are left crying in their wheaties. Win/Win in my book.

• Like Like x 2