1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would you trade Grant to shore up our CB position for 10 years?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

According to ESPN, the Chargers are looking to get a RB in a trade for their 25 year old Pro Bowl CB, Antonio Cromartie. We all are eyeing up the future at this position with both Al Harris and Charles Woodson getting up there in age. Acquiring Cromartie would give us the option of moving Woodson to Safety which would allow us to not resign Bigby and honestly would dramatically improve that position and probably extend Woodson's great career. It opens up a position at RB which could be an issue but with a number of good athletic backs in the draft, I think it could easily be addressed. Its a risk, but if the Chargers would be interested, this might be a good fit for both teams. Earlier we also had a discussion about a pleathora of backs that should hit the FA market as well.
    Anyone willing to give up Ryan Grant to secure a young Pro Bowl caliber CB?

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2010/2/17/1314226/would-you-trade-grant-to-shore-up

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I would make this trade. I think Grant ran for over 1200 yards last year and he has some size.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    1200in his last two years.

not bad for UDFA cut by the Gnats

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I would def be in favor of this trade.

5. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +163
    pull the trigger on this deal AJ.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Scouting report on him

Comment: Grant has a good combination of size, strength and athleticism. He doesn't have outstanding speed but runs well and has quickness and burst to hit the hole. He is an instinctive runner with excellent inline vision and foot agility. He is best between the tackles, but has enough speed to bounce effectively to the perimeter. He has good power to move the pile, but wouldn't be considered an explosive ball carrier. He has improved as both a receiver out of the backfield as well as a blocker in pass protection. He has adequate hands as a target in the passing game but isn't dangerous in the open field after the catch.

1200 yards and whatnot, sounds like a decent pick up. He'd be a good #1 back. Just get a backup counter part (probably a quicker slashing back) and we'd have a wildly effective 1-2 punch.

If that's a valid offer I'm game