1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would you...?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Sure. I think we should call the Steelers and offer them one of the trophies in their trophy case for LT!!!! :lol:

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Fuuckin' ay right I would. :bolt:

3. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    hell ya , love LT but he might be gone anyway, we'll only get a third or possible 2nd pick for him. I'd take a first round if we can sign everyone we have now and add a top teir rookie running back beanie wells type

4. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    :icon_rofl:

Reps to ya!

5. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    It's no coincidence that we went 4-0 in december when LT was finally 100% healthy.

A healthy LT throughout the playoffs next year will = SB.

No LT, no SB. unless we get a stud RB from the draft, like when we got LT.

Sproles is a great player, we need him, but he is NOT an everydown RB to carry the load.

LT 2009 Comeback player of the year. :tup:

6. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...The problem is, starting with LT's toe injury, even he has not panned out to be an every down back anymore. If you want to count stumbling around, unable to cut or explode through the hole or break tackles as a suitable EVERY down back? Then he has this freak injury in the last game against Denver. I'd like him to stay but every factor, including the cap consequences, has to be taken into account.

There would have to be significant admission on AJ's part that he mistakenly signed some scrubs long-term or extended some undeserving others, to allow for some cap space clearance. It seems obvious that Merriman is a major piece to this defensive puzzle. Without him, it just looked pitiful and lacked physicality. He's also a leader just like Philip.

If I had to choose between Sproles staying or LT staying, I'd take Darren. He's relatively fresh like Turner was and younger. I would just hate to see that little bolt of lightening go somewhere else, and eventually end up terrorizing his old team :no:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Probably more like 2010... after he comes back from retirement. :icon_tease:

8. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    :lol:

Trade LT for a SB..........HELL YEAH.
    If it allows us to get the RT, DE, SS, ILB and oh yeah power RB that we need we should be in good shape.

The sentimentalist in me will cry, but we need a Lombardi in my lifetime.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    No, I'd rather we earn it rather than it be given to us.:bolt:

10. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    WTF..

Trade LT for who? AP?

Yep. :lol:

No off. LT, best running back i've ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    They are trying to suck at this. At least I hope they are.

:icon_rofl:

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Superbowl :abq2::icon_banana::icon_party:

LT :wave::wave::wave:

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,720
    I would never trade LT for anything but a guaranteed Super Bowl.

I got the feeling he was just getting healthy at the end of this season and his quicks were getting back. And it would make me puke to see him in a Patriot or Bronco uniform, both of whome would be likely to contact him.

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    The LT against Denver is the LT I want to see. He was fighting for every inch. That is when the Bolts are at their best. Problem is, I also feel that his body can no longer handle it ans I do not want another year of.....is he injures or isn't he? Will he play or won't he? Is he 100% or isn't he?

We need players that can play, I understand he was the heart and soul of this team for years and it would suck for him to be a non factor if we ever did win the SB. Not to mention that if he was not a part of the games that I think a title wouldn't mean as much to him then if he was the featured player.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I'd trade my left nut if it meant a SB next year. Unfortunately, such things are never that concrete. I don't see how LT is going to have any trade value coming off a serious injury, so I think this issue is pretty moot.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What if we trade LT for something that we feel will get us a Super Bowl win but it doesn't happen.

How would trading him be a guaranteed Super Bowl win? Please explain.

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    This thread is silly.

18. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    I Agree :tup:.......But I would trade LT if we were guaranteed another great running back and we win the superbowl.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    No it is obtuse. It would need a dancing bannana to be silly...

:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

Now it is silly! :lol:

20. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    Big word Conc, did you have to look that one up?:lol:

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    :icon_eek: :unsure:

22. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    I thought so. :yes::icon_tease:

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    I was just trying to judge people willingness to win a Superbowl over sentimental value of certain players.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think most of us get your point... If we traded LT for a few draft picks and/or FAs that contributed to wining a Super Bowl, would we approve?

I know I would as would every other Chargers fan.
    This is a bigger question... unless LT totally tanked on another team while the traded guys majorly excelled, could you prove that we couldn't have done it if we kept LT?

IMO, we would have nailed the AFCW and maybe even made it farther in the playoffs had we kept Neil.

25. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Of course I would.

This question is kind of like asking if you would double down if you knew the next card out would be a 10.

26. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    and still some of you get mad when a player shows no loyalty to a team, why should they with fans like you? :tdown:

I want to see the Chargers win WITH LT, and Rivers, in my 30 years as a fan of this team I can count on one had the players that really represent this franchise (Foust, Joiner, Seau should have been, LT, hopefully Rivers)

27. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 New Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I hear you bro, but in my 29 years as a fan all I've ever wanted was to say the words...

San Diego Chargers and Super Bowl Champions in the same sentence. So a ****** as it would be to see LT go I'd have to say yes.

28. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Well good thing for me that I don't ***** about loyalty when it comes to players or teams. Both sides have to look out for themselves, it is just the reality of today's professional sports. (And I bet if you asked some of the players from the 60's, 70's, and even 80's a lot of them would rather play in today's "selfish" climate because a lot fewer of today's players are going to end up crippled and destitute.)

I love LT, and my first choice would be to win a Superbowl with him. but if given a guarantee that we would win if we traded him you bet I would be in favor of it. But because this is just a hypothetical and there is in fact no way to guarantee a Superbowl win under any circumstances, any transaction which makes LT no longer a Charger would have to make the Chargers obviously, undeniably better for me to feel okay about it.

29. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I'd trade anybody and everybody on the roster if it meant a SB next year.

The problem is, you can't guarantee a Super Bowl win with a trade.

Tell me how trading LT = SB next year and I'm on board.

Right now, the only thing I see it doing is creating a gaping hole in the running game forcing us to rely on Darren Sproles and Michael Bennett. (or some other fill in)

That's not a knock on Sproles, and not even a "he's no LT" assessment.

The guy is 5'6" and a weapon on special teams. I wouldn't want him being the only guy we're relying on to be any good at that position. He needs an adequate change of pace back, a role an aging LT can fit very well.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    there is no loyalty in professional sports

Jr. stuck by our team all those years when we were terrible and he was the only bright spot on the team. What did his loyalty get? Nothing but a first class ticket outta town when Marty arrived. Same w/ Tony Gywnn. One of the best and most loyal players any sport has ever seen, but still, his loyalty to SD probably cost him a chance at a ring.

I am loyal to the team, not the guys wearing the jerseys. You can't be anymore. Is it a shame? Sure, I wish LT and all of us never had to even think of seeing him in another uniform the rest of his career, but that's just not how it works I'm affraid.

If Joe Montana can be traded, anyone can.