1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you...?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 12, 2009.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    next years draft is really deep in RBs,

ringer, greene, moreno, coffee, wells, and 6 other backs are ready to make an impact their rookie year. yah you wouldnt have to draft a 3 year project of a running back, that would be silly...

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    How does any of this tell me how trading LT gets us a ring?

I'm not interested in getting LT a ring, I'm interested in getting the Chagers a ring.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,707
    When you have Steve Young waiting in the wings it's one thing, when there is NO heir apparent, let alone even a solid replacement that's different.

A ring without LT wouldn't mean as much to me as a ring with him. At least not in the near future. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be all pissed off about it - I'd be ecstatic! But there would always be a part of me that was sad and a little unsatisfied that LT wasn't a part of it. Especially since right now, I still believe he has more to offer than any potential replacement ever could. But that's just me :icon_shrug:

I get being a fan of the team and not a fan of the players in the uni's but I also don't see them as mutually exclusive. So no, I wouldn't trade LT now for a guarantees championship b/c I believe we can earn one with him, and without a guarantee.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    First off, let me say that I feel we've seen our last game with LT in a Charger uni. Sad, but it's what I feel. He'll either retire, be traded, or ask for a trade. If he's traded, don't expect more than a 2nd. Not every GM is as dumb as Matt Millen. :no:

Would I trade him if it GUARRANTEED a SB? Of course - and any other player on the team. This is all hypothetical, as RTL said.

Last but not least - Steve Young doesn't make a pimple on Joe Montana's ***. He THINKS he's better than Montana. BS. He's a Curious George-looking phuckstick. :tdown:

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
  6. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    i agree, id love to see LT with a ring, itd be so lame if he didnt get one

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,707
    I'm afraid this will happen... but hoping it does not.... just being honest :icon_shrug:

The writing appears to be on the wall tho... :icon_sad:

:icon_rofl: Accurate! I should have said he was capable of taking over the reigns in SF, not that he was equal to or better than Montana :D Still, we don't have anyone here who is capable of taking over the reigns from LT imo. Not yet anyway.

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Conc, I'm curious...under your avatar it says, "no hair until we win a Lombardi."

Just for the sake of discussion the Chargers don't win a Lombardi until 2016....what do you expect your hair to look like when you grow it back?

Could you be disappointed, or are you confident those locks will be like those of your youth? :D

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,249
    That is IF I can grow it back! :icon_eek:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I think that you should shave your *** & walk on your hands backwards. :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_tease:

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +520
    I understand it's a business and for the most part I'm ok with it (we cheer for laundry)

Believe me, if LT is traded then I won't care what he does as a player, my loyalty is 100% with the Chargers, I'm not like one of those Breesians (remember them?)

But (I know it's a hypothetical question) but it sound to me like it says "LT, where throwing you off the boat so we can go faster (to win a SB)" and that's why I answer no

If he's traded so be it and let's see which RB we get, but it would be a sad day, LT should retire a Charger

12. mizzouchargerfan

mizzouchargerfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    there will be so Super Bowl trophy without LT, unless Barry Sanders has unretired that I know of.:tdown:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    that will be up to LT to decide.