1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"WOW!!" Rodney Harrison says Ricky Williams is dirty

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ghost_, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ays-Ricky-Williams-is-dirty-bu?urn=nfl,109589

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 pm EDT

Rodney Harrison says Ricky Williams is dirty, but not in the sense of 'he needs a bath'
    By MJD
    You can call Ricky Williams dirty if you'd like. But if you do, for the sake of accuracy, you should probably be calling him a "dirty hippie," not a "dirty football player." Patriots safety Rodney Harrison went for the latter. From the Boston Herald:

Rodney Harrison, in fact, called it dirty. When asked if it was because Williams hit Vrabel below the knees after Brown already had scored, Harrison answered in the affirmative.

“You said it better than me,” Harrison said. “There’s no place in the game for that. (But) it’s part of the game. You have to protect yourself. It’s disappointing that guys don’t take care of each other, but we’ll just have to be on guard, because there’s some dirty stuff out there.”

I'm sure he's kidding. He has to be kidding. This is like Chris Henry saying that Warrick Dunn has character issues. It's like Scott Linehan saying Bill Belichick doesn't prepare his team very well. This isn't the pot calling the kettle black, this is the pot calling a snowflake black.

This is the same Rodney Harrison who was voted by his peers as the league's dirtiest player in 2004. The same Rodney Harrison was given the same title by the same people in 2006. And the same Rodney Harrison who was voted in 2008 as the league's dirtiest player by the head coaches of the league.

The Herald chose to play up the "OMG, Ricky Williams smoked marijuana!" angle, sneaking in a couple of clever digs like, "Ricky Williams hit a sticky issue," and "The Patriots weren't happy about getting smoked [by the Dolphins]."

If you want to bring up the herb, it seems to me that it argues against Ricky Williams being a dirty player, as potheads are generally pretty mellow. Also generally pretty mellow are yoga instructors, vegans, and holistic healers, all areas in which Ricky has dabbled.

Maybe Williams crossed the line on a play, maybe he didn't. You can make that call for yourself. But Rodney Harrison, who makes more dirty plays in a quarter of football than most guys make in a career, doesn't get the make the judgment call on anyone else.

Related: Ricky Williams, , Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I know, Vrable and Harrison whining about a cheapshot! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Vrabel leg whipped Philip in the playoff game, and I don't remember him saying anything about that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    WORD

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Read my mind man. Exactly. Those guys should talk.....

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Leg whipped an injured player who had just gotten surgery on his knee, mind you. This is hilarious, and I watched that whole game thanks to DirecTV. I hope that Norv just opens it up and lets the sheet fly when they come to see us. I would run up the score if it turns into a romp. I'd make sure that Belicheat never forgot that game..EVER!!!

6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    The hit was still questionable.

I don't care who jaws about it, it still wasn't the cleanest hit I've ever seen.

If someone stalks and kills a serial killer, no matter how happy we all might be about it, it's still a murder.

7. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    so your calling rodney a serial killer:icon_huh:

gotta luv those pats fans

so that makes Ricky Dexter :tup:

[​IMG]

8. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79

Nope, Rodney is a guy who likes to "lead" with his helmet, which I'm not a fan of. I can see why he gets the "dirty" label. He's a typical case of "perception is reality," though. He does some things that he shouldn't, no doubt about it. He just gets much more attention for doing those things, because of his reputation, than others might get. He still plays dirty, just not as often as everyone would like to imagine.

I don't generally think of Vrabel as dirty, but that leg whip was bush league.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Harrison - FAIL

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Rodney is a bitter old man on a team who is finally getting what they deserve - would you like some whine with that cheese *****?

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    **** RODNEY HARRISON!!!!

I HATE THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!
    SO GLAD I NEVER BOUGHT HIS JERSEY!!!

12. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Beerguy, you're still the class of visiting, "other teams fans" posters. Vrabel's leg whip was not only bush league, it was dangerous, illegal and directly caused an INT. I'd like to see a Donkey fan admit to anything :icon_shrug: Nope, just won't happen. Denver has long been considered, by the entire league, as one of the dirtiest team due to their illegal and dangerous blocking techniques. The niners used to do a lot of iilegal crap too, nearly all of it on the offensive side.

I thought Ricky's block on Vrabel was late, had no impact on helping the runner and should have pissed off Vrabel (which it did). It wasn't illegal however as the rules go. I honestly think Vrabel was more pissed off about the score than the actual block. That game and the decisiveness of the outcome just blew me away! I watch way more college football than pro and you can expect an occassional shocker in the NCAA. Not in the pros very often...Wow!

13. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It wasn't just Vrabel. Anyone else remember Thomas last year bending Olivea over backwards on the pile after the play was over, essentially sending him on a downward spiral that ended his football career?

14. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Good point and what about the guy that deliberately banged into Philip when he was just trying to get to the line of scrimmage after completing a pass in the Title Game. Again...NO FLAG!