1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WR Drew Bennett signs with St Louis Rams

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 3, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    I still think its Justin Blalock

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Where did you hear this? ANT? :icon_rofl:

And hey guys Sidney looked incredible at the combine and put up some good numbers including a 39 1/2 inch vert and 1.47 10 yard dash :abq2: I personally would love to see us take Blalock and dump Mike Goof but it won't happen :icon_evil:

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I like the top of your draft board. Eric Weddle is the perfect kind of safety for the modern era of football. Rice would be a good get. I don't think we have to go safet in Round 1 to get a good one. But we're more likely to get a true #1 WR in round 1 this year.

5. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    how is it I don't say a rumor and the idiots at BT somehow still point their fingers at me and laugh?
    :icon_wtf: :icon_finger:
    this defies explanation

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Weddle is an amazing player we will be lucky if he is there at #62. Everyone kept questioning his athleticism but he put up disgusting all around numbers at the combine and looks the part on tape. People hate white safeties especially leisure, what can I say :icon_shrug: He would occupy the dimeback spot on our roster I would assume.

Rice is another player like Weddle who, if you judge him by what he did on the football field, should be going earlier than he will go... and AJ has said countless times that this is what he does and that numbers are just icing on the cake. Rice looked outstanding at the combine and really displayed the burst and suddenness that so many questioned whether he had or not.

Both these guys are team leaders, good character guys, guys who fill a need and are right there with the likely BPA. They are "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" as AJ would say.

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Come on Ant I have heard you say at least 15 times that the Chargers will pursue deon grant in your 'ant's rumors' segment

8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    I said they have interest in him
    by all accounts Grant's coming down to San Diego if he leaves Seattle without a deal

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Ant we have signed too many free agent safeties it's time to take one or two from the draft and develop them.

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    its an equal coin flip
    we have had three fa safeties; Jue, Mcree and Hart
    One bad, one good, one so-so

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Good to see you don't cream your jeans over 40-times like SOME people I know...:abq2:

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    The most revealing dash time is the 10 yard dash but again... all dash times really depend on how you get out of the set position. Sidney put up a 1.47 which is impressive. His vert at 39.5 inches is outstanding and since Gates will command coverage in the end zone, it is rare to see a team with two 'big' cornerbacks so either Rice or Jackson would be in single coverage against a midget in the endzone... so his value in the redzone is clear. Another basketball player which would give us 3 sets of big floppy basketball hands and gigantic verticals and ability to shield with their body-players at once. Rice is a natural wide receiver and all the talk about how he needs to work on his route running and he is raw is BS. What is so unique about him is how natural the game comes to him having so little experience at WR and being relatively young. I am all down for Rice, even over Meachum, who will almost surely be selected earlier.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Also it's easy to forget just how dominant Rice was his freshman year when he was left in single coverage. This past year it was double and triple coverage all year and yet he still was able to produce and opportunities were given to that other WR on USC2. They won't be able to double or triple Rice in our offense. In one on one situations he is outstanding. There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to target him :abq2:

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Rice is below Meachem on my board

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    This is what kind of bothers me now. If the chargers were to trade turner for a 1st rounder they could probably land every player they'll need for the next 3 to 4 years to win it all. The chargers are good now. But to get the final pieces to the team would make it exceptionally strong.

Bothers me that the chargers will probably loose turner after this year and for not much compensation. Its unlike A.j. to not think of the future of the team for the years ahead.

Turner is great. But as a backup for one year to me isn't enough to compensate for many years down the road of having another 1st rounder strengthening the team. I'm having to guess A.j. knows this. You'd think he would.

16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Nice to see there are others who realize who we should be targeting in the 1st

Rice would be the PERFECT wr for this team to pair opposite VJ. And just think when Floyd is healthy, we will have 3 HUGE WRs. Who the hell can cover 3 6'4+ WRs

Id love to see a team try to match up with

WR1 - Vincent Jackson 6'5 240lb
    WR2 - Sidney Rice 6'4 205lbs
    WR3 - Malcolm FLoyd 6'5 220lbs
    TE - Antonio Gates 6'5 260lbs

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    That wendling kid is a possible sleeper. I'd like to see tape of him at wyoming. If he covers well and hits hard we may have something. He was solid at the combine. Looks tough as well.

Alots gonna depend on what happens with turner. RIght now I'm guesssing the most important thing is to improve the d-backfield. And that will start with finding a very good saftey.

• Like Like x 1