1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WWE star Chris Benoit, wife, child found dead in their home

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by AnteaterCharger, Jun 25, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    http://qqq.tmz.com/2007/06/25/wrestling-superstar-found-dead/

WWE superstar Chris Benoit, 40, his wife Nancy and young son were found dead in their Atlanta home early this afternoon, this according to WWE.com.

No further details regarding the tragedy have been released. Benoit was scheduled to appear at a pay-per-view event last night ... WWE said that there was a "family emergency" that prevented him from being there.

I don't know how many of you guys are/were wrestling fans, I stopped watching but I was a big fan of this guy when I was watching regularly and this is a really horrible story. RIP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    He was one of the Four Horsemen about 10 or so years ago....

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    RIP Canada loves you

4. chiefsgal

chiefsgal New Member

Ratings:
    +443
    I'm shocked..I just can't believe it...it's just all so sad....:no:

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    he was quite a celebrity in his native canada up there with bret hart

6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I saw Owen Hart's fatal fall on live cable back in 99... Was watching pay per view wrestling with my son and his friends. That was very sad

7. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Murder suicide. Sooo sooo sad.

8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
  9. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
  10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    we don't know what happened between him, his wife and their son.

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    I met him like 7-8 years ago he was a nice guy. Let's not reach any conclusions. If he did in fact do it he must have been extremely intoxicated or unaware of what he was doing there is no way he just decided to take his family's life like that there's no way.

12. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Just picked this up on Cnn:

Source: SI.com

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said test results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Authorities also declined to say whether drugs or steroids were found inside the house. "We're not releasing any information as far as what was located inside the house," sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said Tuesday.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Whiteside said toxicology tests could take up to a week or longer to complete.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,205
    When I was big into wrestling, Benoit was one of my favorites. I hope it is not true that he killed his family, my prayers go to any surviving family and friends.

14. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    I liked him as a wrestler.......Burn in Hell Benoit :yes:

15. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I hope he hasn't killed his family:yes:

16. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
  17. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Roids????:icon_shrug:

18. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Simply unbelievable.

19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    This is probably yet another example of what the "use" of these substances does to families. Alcohol, drugs, performance enhancing supplements, you name it...there is a sad story. :tdown:

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I can't believe that he would but its not just that he killed his family but he did it over a few days, stayed in the house he killed his family was in then hung himself.

I can't even think about what must go through a guy's mind when he does it but it makes me sick. RIP to his family and to him...I can't say.

21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    My heart goes out to him as well as his whole family. What a state he must have been in....to do something like this.... Obviously he couldn't live with what he'd done. :(

22. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Cowardly sick bastard. Kill yourself if you have too, but don't hurt the innocent one's. Especially the children.

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    that's the kindest thought about what he did and I don't know if that applies

edit: don't know why but the WWE is claiming it was a double murder suicide - CHISPA and others is that both parties commit one murder and then suicide or is that two murders followed by a suicide?
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitpressrelease

24. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +744

The guy MURDERED his family. His wife was bound, and the kid suffocated. It would be real stupid for the WWE to pay tribute to this guy.

25. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Guys how do we know that his wife and kid weren't murdered and then he got home and when he found them dead he decided to hang himself?

26. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +744
    Unlikely. If he cared for them, he would have called the authorities and did whatever he could to bring their murderers to justice. Besides there is most likely DNA/Blood evidence on the victims linking him to their murders.

27. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    The scenario just doesn't seem to be coming together like that. I'm sure there is alot more evidence that we may never know about... such as scratches on Benoit, his skin under her fingernails, just to name a few things

28. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    It might be difficult to link him to the smothering... unless of course his son was victim number two and he brought evidence from the first crime with him................... Nonetheless, it probably isn't even necessary to do any "linking" This is sooo bizzare

This is a little off topic but kind of interesting.

I have an old friend that is a homicide detective. He told me that you always ask two questions..

What did s/he leave behind?

What did s/he take with them?

I applied these questions to the OJ case in 94-95 and could answer both questions very easily....