1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WWE star Chris Benoit, wife, child found dead in their home

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by AnteaterCharger, Jun 25, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    WWE paid tribute to him yesterday when it had been discovered he past away but before anyone knew anything else. The police pretty much believe that Benoit killed his family. So I imagine that the WWE will be kinda tempered in any future tributes. They're going back to 'normal programing' after this.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Couple of things I wanted to add to this story

1. As the details of his death came to light the WWE and Vince McMahon removed all pages, memorials and anything else related to Chris Benoit.
    2. The tribute was done, as it is done for all wrestlers who die while they are under contract, as a remberance to Benoit prior to finding out the details.
    3. Vince McMahon opened tonight's ECW (WWE show) with a message basically admitting #1&2 and said that this would be the final points spoken about Benoit. In addition McMahon apologied for the tribute saying he was following tradition (see #1) prior to learning all the facts.
    4. All references to Benoit were scrubbed; wrestlers commonly wear black armbands with the deceased's initials on, they were forbidden for Benoit. A friend of mine who went to the show tonight and said that two people who brought RIP Benoit posters had them removed by security.
    5. According to TMZ.com and an Albany NY newspaper Benoit was an illegal purchaser of stereoids from a South Florida company http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=184921011
    6. http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chrisbenoittimeline
    This is a timeline of Benoit's messages to fellow wrestlers, they don't make much sense.

As a big fan of his I can't tell you what a kick in the gut this feels like.

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    So much for Mcmahon being dead

4. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    McMahon being dead was a stupid story line

Here is Vince McMahon's opening at the start of ECW tonight

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world--entertain you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    Its still going on here in the UK

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Something doesn't seem right with those messages. Either he wanted to contact people so that they would find him and his family dead (come on steroids can't make you do something that dumb... it's not like he wanted attention or to be raised to a God-level by killing his family) or someone else who actually killed the entire family sent those messages. To say with certainty that Chris Benoit sent those message is BS because someone could have easily taken his phone or something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    OK, MTL... It's not even noon in Canada and you're already hitting the Vodka..:icon_tease: :lol:

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Just this morning there was an interview on Scott & BR with mark Mero, a wrestler from the 80's and 90's. He said over 25 of the wrestelrs he has wrestled with are dead.

He said Chris was a very nice guy who never got upset. However we all know there are sometimes public versions of ourselves and private versions of ourselves. The fact that someone in the area of the WWE headquarters updated Chris' wikipedia web page 13 hours before the bodies were found does show that someone else knew that something was going on. Was it Chris asking for help, or just him saying goodbye? Guess we wont know.

I think the true stroy will be in the toxicology reports on this one. It is sad, as a fan Chris was one of my favorite wrestlers. With what he did though, I dont think I can ever think the same way again.

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    This story is getting uglier by the day

I heard on "The Herd" on ESPN Radio that it has been reported that Benoit used his wrestling "finishing move" to kill his son. Can't find it in print anywhere yet. I don't know if anyone has ever experienced a drug related psychotic episode, or delusional paranoia, but it's a frighteningly powerful state. The mind essencially concocts and alternate and delusional state of reality. Usually it's marked by an intense and all-consuming paranoia. Basically you convince yourself the something aweful is happening or about to happen and no amount of sensory input can break the delusion. Everybody's heard stories about people flipping out on drugs like LSD and PCP and experiencing paranoid delusions. For anybody who's never heard of such a thing here's a heart warming story about a rapper named Big Lurch...

link

The story around the hip-hop community is that Big Lurch feel into a paranoid delusion that the devil himself was out to get him and he essencially had to sacrifice this girl to save the world. It's pretty impossible to wrap a rational mind around a suggetion like this, but in the state that I'm trying to describe it is completely self evident and real to whomsoever is experiencing the delusions.

Maybe two or three times in my life I would say that I've been in a state of psychotic delusion. The last time the only drug in my system was majiuana (and maybe a beer or two). I had just moved into a new house and my buddy came over and I had just come back into town with a sack of the finest buds cali has to offer. Right as he was leaving I started to feel a little off and within an hour I was curled up in bed, experiencing serious and frightening acid flashbacks. Shortly thereafter I started hearing my front gate rattle and seeing shadows move and became totally convinved that a gang of people was trying to break into my house. Forget that I have bars on my doors and windows, forget that I can see every side of my pad from the upstairs, forget that I could have turned a light on and made the shadows disappear. That **** was so real that I called 911 because I KNEW somebody was coming for me. After about 45 minutes I had come to my senses enough to realize that I was out of my fugging head so I called the cops and told them I was leaving to someplace I felt a little more safe and I left and spent the night at my office.

This whole state of delusional insanity was brought on by nothing more than maijuana, alcohol, sleep deprivation, and probably not eating enough or well enough that particular evening. It seems rather clear that Benoit had some chemical substance issues and clearly he could have been prone to this kind of impaired emotional and physical state. None of this is an excuse for killing your family, but I think it's important the people recognize the fragility and vulnerability of the human psyche. The most terrifying thing about my couple experiences with paranoid delusions is the absolute reality of the fantasies in your head. When you're caught up in it, there's nothing that will break you out of it, scary chit.

10. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    This is sickening

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Benoit's Dr. Charged