1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

X-Factor Jets Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Jan 14, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Who do you think will be the X-Factor for the Jets game. In other words who is flying under the radar and will step up for this game. I have two players that I think will help us win.

1) Mike Scifres - Field position is key. Hopefully we will not have to punt and this won't matter. If not then Nate (AKA Leo's Boy:icon_tease:) better kick it deep.

2) Sproles - If anyone can run on this defense then I think that it could be a Sproles type back. If he makes the first player miss then he will be successful.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think it's gonna be Tolbert in the run game.

Blocking & receiving.

I think we're gonna run the ball up their a.ss

3. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I think it's LT. We're gonna half to be able to run the ball and use our screen game to keep them honest vs. the pass and to set up play action. We've been waiting for the breakout game from LT all year, how great would it be to see it on Sunday!

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,855
    Nate's not going to kick it deep. That's a given.

But it's an acceptable trade-off for having THE most accurate kickers in the history of the game. :abq2:

Especially since most of the time the short kick is negated by excellent special teams coverage anyways. :yes:

Fixed it.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Why do we need an X factor? Just go out and play Charger ball, Game over.

6. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Didn't you learn by the last weeks playoff games that regular season accuracy is just regular season accuracy. I think every team had a kicker miss a FG. The playoffs mess with these kickers heads. :yes:

7. the_riddler

the_riddler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    New to these boards, but I lurk every where else.

My x-factor is going to be Floyd.
    With all the attention going to VJ and Gates, I think Floyd is going to have a big game, especially with a Lito Shepard trying to cover him.

8. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Welcome Riddler,

Wouldn't it be great if VJ just punks Revis? :lol:

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,855
    Nate sent us into OT against the Colts in the playoffs. :icon_shrug::abq2:

Wait, I forgot, that doesn't count because it hurts your argument. :lol:

But he won't be redeemed in your mind on Sunday because the Chargers will be too far ahead in the game for him to have a chance to kick a game winner.

Maybe the AFCC game. :lol:

10. the_riddler

the_riddler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Definitely and I think VJ is going to have a good game.

VJ went up against guys like Bailey and Asamghou(?). He would also get the teams better CB, so I think he is up to the challenge.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,855
    That would be awesome, but with Floyd matched up against a 5'9" CB I think Rivers will be looking that way a lot.

12. the_riddler

the_riddler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I know the media pundits have been all gushing about the Jets defense. Dont get me wrong, they are good but tell me how you are going to cover ALL these guys:

VJ
    Gates
    Floyd
    LT
    Sproles
    Tolbert
    Naanee

Granted, they wont all be on the field at the same time, but that is nuts.

I think the Jets will focus on VJ and Gates, which will take up at least 3 guys. Cool. Now we have Floyd, Sproles, LT, Tolbert and Naanee all with 1 on 1 coverage. None of their LB can cover these guys.

So I think Floyd is going to have a huge game and I think Sproles is going to chew them up on screen passes and quick passes (the one that comes into mind is when we played the Giants, and we are driving down the field...Sproles in the back, he then shoots up field and Rivers hits him for about 20+ yards.)

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I say spread it out with 4 WR's and run LT. Try and take some of that traffic away from the line.

14. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    I have no control of any of that.

I think my personal X-Factor is going to be Don Julio for this tailgate. I would imagine I tend to be louder when I'm not all filled up on beer. I'm also going to stay away from the carne until postgame. I want to be angry and not just standing there making gas.

• Like Like x 1
  15. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Giants best cornerback and starting Safety were out most of the season and there edge rusher Osi came back from a torn interior and never got it going. The Giants had a 2nd and third string NFL secondary on the field most of the year and their LB corp. doesn't compare to the Jets. You didn't beat the same Giants D that won the SB a couple of years ago.

This Jets D isn't at all like the Giants D this year or their SB year. The Jets don't relly on front 4 pressure and they have outstanding LB, CB and Safties. Guys like Welker have killed them but very few of the big WR have done any real damage.

The Jets have been gashed in the running game since Jenkins went down but they have been very solid covering the bubble screens and multiple WR sets.

Tomlinson could well be the difference in this game if he can get it going and they stick to the run.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,855
    Your points would be valid if the Giants were the only team the Chargers beat this year.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My x-factors are Tolbert, Sproles, & Floyd on the O. Can't include Gates as he's on their radar. I don't think they'll shut him down, but he's hardly under their radar.

On the D, I'm picking Merriman, Siler, & Cro. That's right, Cro. I think that Merriman is going to dial it up & force Sanchez to make some poor decisions, resulting in at least one Cro pick. Siler is going to knock the piss out of someone, either Jones or Greene. Can't wait to see his Gator chomp. :tup:

18. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    You didn't exactly play a ton of tough Defensive teams. Dallas has a legit D but you didn't really roll it up on them.

19. Shabba

Shabba BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Gotta say I agree with this, I see MoFlo having a huge game.

I think we'll also hear Siler's name called an awful lot.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,855
    And who did the Jets play?

I think the win against New England is the only good one against a team that wasn't rolling over.

21. the_riddler

the_riddler BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    who did the Jets play?
    I mean, the Jets were handed the games by Indy and Bengals.

Indy plays their starters for full 4 quarters, you will lose that game. Manning was carving up the Jets defense.

Bengals pulled their starters after 1 quarter and sat a lot of players.

Gifts.

22. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed! Overall most of the games I watched this year including every Jets game and a ton of Giants games, the overall play was atrocious.

Tons of crappy QB play and lots of teams with good records with holes all over their teams. I really don't think I saw what I would call an elite Defense or Elite team this entire year. NO looked great early as did MN. The Colts I'm not convinced are all that solid either.

I think the playoffs are pretty wide open. I would love to see the Jets do it but it wouldn't shock me to see Baltimore against AZ in the SB?

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,855
    I would call the Chargers offense elite and the Chargers defense good enough to allow that elite offense to win games.

I'm not saying the Jets don't stand a chance on Sunday (I'm never foolish enough to ignore "any given Sunday") but it'll be a tough battle for them, even with Revis.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    ^^^^^

This :yes:

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    They didn't play the Chargers yet and they are going to find out how good we really are. Sweeping the NFC East is no easy feat. Titans fans said the same things the week of Christmas and just got demolished at home. Jets are going to playing the big boys now, not a Cincy team that was undermanned and peaked mid-season. :tup:

26. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Chargers have a very good O but not better than several other NFL teams who aren't going to the SB.

27. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +290
    KEEP THIS THREAD GOING SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO INSTEAD OF PAYING ATTENTION IN CLASS!!

28. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +290
    Such as?

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,855
    They're better than any offense the Jets have faced this year. :yes:

Well, maybe not the Saints. But that game didn't go so well for the Jets anyways.

Indy doesn't count because Peyton was doing his thing and then they rolled over.

30. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Jets D held the Saints to 10 points. Sanchez threw a pick 6 driving right on their goal line. Killer play.

Reality you guys deserve to be favored for one simple reason the QB. I look at these teams two rosters and I think outside of that position the Jets have as much over all talent. It's still a QB driven league.

Sanchez has had a pretty bad year but he has shown that he has big time NFL talent. If he can keep from making the big mistakes which he is prone to do, he can chuck the football and the Jets have weapons in the passing game.