1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

# X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, May 1, 2009.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Just got back...

All's I can say is

TOTALLY FICKEN AWESOME!!! Kept me glued to the edge of my seat, easily the best superhero movie I have seen!!!!

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    This one I want to see.

The Star Trek movie...not so much.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    The more I see the previews the closer to I am to wanting to see it. Nothing close to the jonesing I was doing for Wolverine.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,593
    ideally i'll see this tomorrow

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I don't take kindly to paying to see a movie where one of the main characters (and one of my all time fav comic book characters, Deadpool) gets his complete backstory **** on then raeped, not to mention the rest of the cast of characters getting **** on as well.

Pass, big time.

7. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Ive gotten mixed reviews....but i wanna see it!

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I want to see it too!!!

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    [​IMG]

10. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,010
    With all of the negative reviews and spouting going on, I wasn't surprised at all to see this one took in $35 mil last night. It figures!

Thanks for the review Conc, I will look forward to this one being released to DVD later on - but only because I can't get out of the house right now. :tup:

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    To each their own. I loved it, it is not the comic books, it is a movie.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Isn't that terrible?!!! :icon_eek:
    I think it's discrimination towards Marvel and DC characters!!!

13. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Dude you should be outraged; all those years virginity learning the accurate backstories for what them to **** on them and make 35 mil in a night; how DARE they???

:icon_rofl:

What the hell are you 12? They weren't acurate with Deadpool wah wah wah; it's not a documentary on a historical figure dude ; its a bootleg ninja in spandex!

It's entertainment granted retarded and mindless but all in all entertaining. I think Jackman does a good job as Wolvie but I'll be waiting for this one on DVD.

You are rocking a dodgers logo on your sig so obviously good taste isn't your forte... GO PADRES ( yeah yeah shut up I know we just got swept )

:banghead:

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    C'mon... I understand what he is saying. It is like the folks who did not like the Lord of the Rings movies because they couldnt seperate the movies from the books. There were no f'in elves at helms deep! I mean WTF! Also where in the hell was Tom Bombadil or the petrified Trolls?! Geesh! (a bit tongue and cheek).

I get what he is saying. I loved the movie, it told its own story. I saw it as no different than a new artist telling the spiderman story in a different way. How many times has the comic retold it with a new look or twist to the story.

What I think would rock is if they made the "WHAT IF' comics into a movie. Starting with Wolverine vs. Hulk... Awes yes... :yes:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm a huge Judge Dredd fan. I own the entire series on Eagle labels.
    The movie was horrible. I knew it would be when I heard Sylvester Stallone would play Dredd.

Though this made me smile... JD is getting recognition.
    If I was "Comic Book Guy" from Simpsons... I guess I would have been boycotting the movie!! :lol:

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,610
    That's fine.

IMO, if you're gonna do a movie about Batman, don't take away all the stuff that makes him cool, the gadgets and detective skills and then give him Superman's X-ray vision and Spiderman's ability to climb walls. Stop messing with characters that don't need to be messed with, and are a thousand times cooler on the page than on the screen (ie. DEADPOOL having fukcing Wolverine like swords coming out of his arms and Cyclop's optic blasts). Also, I will not go see another X-men movie after the abortion that was X-men 3. DEADPOOL is known as the "Merc with a mouth", so what do the writers do? Take away his fukcing mouth. Smart.

I'm gonna go see Star Trek instead.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    No worries. As I said to each their own. I loved it. Hell, from what I heard it even spawned another spin off movie about....

DEADPOOL....

But you still see Batman movies? After what Jim Carie, Arnold and all the 80's and 90's Batman movies did to the characters? Crap, that punches holes all through your purest persona... ;) :lol:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I used to like the original Burton BM movie (because of Jack, never liked Keaton as BM/BW) until the new ones came out (Begins and TDK). Now, I'll NEVER watch the Burton or Schumacher BM movies ever again (and FTR, I did NOT like Returns, Forever, or Batman and Robin, I thought they all blew ***).

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    :lol:

I know. It is all good, I understand why you dont like it. It is all good....

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I thought Carie was a great Riddler. That was right up his alley. Originally, it was suppose to be Robin Williams.... Thank God it wasn't!!!
    For that era, I think all the villains were good. Pfeiffer was a great Cat Woman. DeVito was a great Penguin. Nicholson was a great Joker.

No... Michelle Pfeiffer was not as good as Julie Newmar!
    It's kind of like if they ever put out a Wonder Woman movie... Who could top Linda Carter?!!!

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Clint Eastwood would have been a great Judge Dredd.
    He may be up there in age but the helmet wold cover. He has the perfect voice and attitude for that character.

RTL... are you familiar with the Dredd vs. BM comics?