1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo: US considers use of nuclear weapons against Iran (AFP)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bolt Bot, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20
    Yahoo: US considers use of nuclear weapons against Iran

Why not hydrogen bombs? :icon_smile:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

smart arse :icon_huh:

3. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

Instead of getting into a circle-jerk with the U.N. and our so-called 'allies', let's just show Iran & the world we mean business when we say no nukes for Iran.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43

It's comments like this last one that will end up in WWIII, please think about what nukeing a middle eastern country would get us into. Iran has allready reached out to China for help, and guess what, China has nukes all ready. Let's really think about what we're doing before we make the greatest mistake in history.:no: :no: :no:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

You've really gotta face reality here... The United States only has one true ally, the United Kingdom. Everyone else are only sunny day friends. Do you not understand that Iran has pledged to attack Israel? You think they'll not use a nuclear weapon against Israel? I care not what China thinks. IMO, their concern is Taiwan and the Korean Peninsula. China is in dire need of raw materials and petroleum. They'll flex their military muscle but its my opinion that they'll hold back until their supply of materials is at stake.

Iran must be dealt with. The costs will be high but to ignore Iran will only mean higher future costs.

6. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43

Now before you get too crazy, think about why there is so much animosity towards Israel. For reasons that could be argued for all eternity we have decided that we will supply them top notch weaponry and aid free of charge. What this has accomplished is the establishment of undoubtedly the strongest military in the history of the middle east. Israel is a military masterpiece and yet you seem to believe that we need to nuke Iran in order to protect them. Israel would crush Iran in all out war so you should definitely rethink that statement.

Secondly, why do you think it is we have only one true ally in the world. We've unarguably handed out the most money of any country to the impoverished and needy countries in the world and yet we have one person that's backing us. Doesn't that seem odd. Perhaps it's because every time we interfere in the dealings of countries that we have no business f'ing with we allways choose a side that will benefit us economically. This naturally creates many many enemies throughout the world that would otherwise be our friends.

And NO I do not believe that Iran will nuke Israel. They would seal their own fate if they attacked Israel period. Threats against Israel in Iran are simply that, threats. The leaders in Iran have no more interest in an all out war with Israel and the U.S. then any other country. Cut through the propaganda that we're being fed, the truth is that the leaders in Iran are virtually impotent. Most estimates state that Iran wouldn't have a nuke for atleast ten years. We are ready to give up on diplomacy before we've even tried. Iran wants nukes because they see how we treat countries who have them. N. Korea and China are significantly larger threats but because of their nukes we don't hardly chirp at them. Iran wants the same protection. I only write because I care. I don't pretend to know the total solution, but I can assure the use of nuclear weapons will endanger the lives of everyone across the globe and I will never be o.k. with that option. No country is greater or grander then humankind as a whole, and the holyier then thow attitude the U.S. and its leaders have taken truly is pushing the boundries of power and will eventually demand a retaliatory attack against the U.S. and our people. I pray for peace and resolution as I think we all do. So let's work towards peace, not progression towards yet more violence.

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

And all this time I thought the Canadians were our friends. :icon_shrug:

8. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

:lol:

At one time I might have agreed.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Damn those Canadians! Tricky lil devils. Should we nuke 'em too?

10. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

I never said Israel needed our protection. But Israel has said that they'll take out Iran if Iran won't leave their nuclear programs. Personally, I'd rather see Israel take on Iran.

On a personal note, we have no business having membership in the U.N. We should walk away from that organization.

11. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

No, we should pee in their beer but I don't think they'll be able to tell the difference anyhow.:yes:

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Canada has some good beer. I'm suspecting you're full of **** Rex. The Canadians really are our friends.

13. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43

The U.N. has some real problems but we should seriously give another attempt at the organization. It's vital in my opinion, but I definitely share your mistrust of the organization.

14. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

FOS? Perhaps... I don't like Canada or their beer.

15. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20

There's just too many things about the U.N. that I don't think can be fixed.

You say we should 'pray for peace'. I'll tell you a dirty little secret about the United Nations. The company that does all their in-house publishing is the same organization that promotes 'World Goodwill'. The founder is Alice Bailey, who started a small publishing company for her Metaphysical books. The company was first called Lucifer Trust but was quickly changed a year later to Lucis Trust.

Do the research.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43

i'll check that out

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Labatt Blue is some good beer.