1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yes Or No ... Win Or Not

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SayOw, Dec 1, 2012.

1. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    No. I'm not more interested in my own short-term self-gratification. If I were, I wouldn't be a Chargers fan and continually be disappointed over and over again. Like I told you, I can understand what you're trying to say, but as a fan I cannot comprehend how you could root for your team to lose. Ever. The fact that we will get a higher draft pick is just a small compensation to appease me when we lose, but not anything I would cheer for.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I can't ever root against my team until they are mathematically out of it, which they will be if the lose this weekend. At that point, I am all for a higher draft pick and a higher probability to AJ being on the truck out of town with Norv.

With that said, I am rooting for the Chargers this weekend and hope they put off being eliminated another week

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If we get a top 5 pick next draft, and get the kind of tackle talent that solidifies our O-line for a decade, giving Rivers time in the pocket and eliminating our biggest impediment to being a playoff contender, you're going to be sad about losing to the Steelers, Jets, Panthers, and Raiders to close out the season? Really?

I mean, I get rooting for the team to win when the team is good and there's actually something in play, even if you have a losing record. However, this isn't a good team. This isn't a team that's just "hit a rough spot", it's a team covered in talent black holes in critical areas. For F's sake, we're going to be starting a LT off the street this week in Pittsburgh.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Never say die and never give up. Any player giving up and going through the motions should just be left behind in the burgh.