1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Yes Or No ... Win Or Not

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SayOw, Dec 1, 2012.

1. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264
    No. I'm not more interested in my own short-term self-gratification. If I were, I wouldn't be a Chargers fan and continually be disappointed over and over again. Like I told you, I can understand what you're trying to say, but as a fan I cannot comprehend how you could root for your team to lose. Ever. The fact that we will get a higher draft pick is just a small compensation to appease me when we lose, but not anything I would cheer for.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I can't ever root against my team until they are mathematically out of it, which they will be if the lose this weekend. At that point, I am all for a higher draft pick and a higher probability to AJ being on the truck out of town with Norv.

With that said, I am rooting for the Chargers this weekend and hope they put off being eliminated another week

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If we get a top 5 pick next draft, and get the kind of tackle talent that solidifies our O-line for a decade, giving Rivers time in the pocket and eliminating our biggest impediment to being a playoff contender, you're going to be sad about losing to the Steelers, Jets, Panthers, and Raiders to close out the season? Really?

I mean, I get rooting for the team to win when the team is good and there's actually something in play, even if you have a losing record. However, this isn't a good team. This isn't a team that's just "hit a rough spot", it's a team covered in talent black holes in critical areas. For F's sake, we're going to be starting a LT off the street this week in Pittsburgh.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,980
    Never say die and never give up. Any player giving up and going through the motions should just be left behind in the burgh.