1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yes, the season is over... but so is the upheaval.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    My fellow fans,

I am as disappointed with the loss as I'm sure most of you are. Our defense played a tremendous game against one of the dynamic offenses this league has ever seen, but we were just too hurt, too injured, and at the end, too tired to win.

All credit must go to a New England defense that took the opportunity to seize the game from an offense that, despite playing with much heart, came up just short.

Still, I've never been prouder of my team. What a season they had, fighting through everything they had to face, overcoming daunting obstacles that would have had most other teams reeling. They deserve a heroes welcome back home.

And now, we roll into a future brighter than that of ANY NFL team. We're young. We're loaded. We've got the cap space to SIGNIFICANTLY improve one of the best and deepest rosters ever. Our coaching staff is established and has their players believing in them. Our young players are starting to contribute in a big way, and AJ Smith will be with us for the foreseeable future. Philip Rivers has come into his own as a legitimate top-tier starter, and today proved his courage and his leadership to a team that desperately needed it.

We've fought over many things in this forum over the past few years - from Brees' and Donnies' departure to Norv's hiring. And yet, here we are - two or three injuries short of a Superbowl in spite of everything.

We've got a lot to be proud of.

This team can - and will - bring San Diego a Championship, and soon. They've got nothing left to prove to me in terms of their heart and their ability. They got some tough breaks, but they never stopped fighting. We'll be back.

We'll be back, no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    LT apparently still has summpmta prove to some here.

3. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Well, there's no helping some folks.

Mark my words - if LT is healthy today, we are going the Superbowl.

But it looks as if the football gods meant this year for the Patriots. Don't think those pigskin deities don't know they owe us one :yes:

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153

I couldn't agree more, nor could I have said it better. Well said!!!:tup::tup::tup:

5. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    The worst part of this thread is the realization there will be no Chargers Football until August. :tdown:

See all ya'll then.

BTW, there is always the Bolthead Cheer Thread. :tup:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I agree, I am very proud of our team today.

I am however miffed at a large part of the fanbase who's trying to throw LT under the bus.

7. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep like i said in another thread if we were healthy we would all be talking about where to meet up to tailgate on feb 3rd

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Me too RTL, me too. :icon_evil:

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    That makes TWO of us.:tdown:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    i think we all need a nice vacation

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

I don't really understand it:no:

Great thread btw. The future certainly looks bright, even brighter than last year after the coaching upheaval. For once, the secondary, and the defense as a whole, looks like it is ready to really shine. We have a great young quarterback, who has earned the respect and admiration of his teammates, and has become the leader of the team through his exploits this season. He has many different weapons to utilize, including wide receivers, something we haven't been able to say in over a decade! We have young talent eager to prove themselves throughout the roster, and veteran leaders eager to earn that first ring. We have talent that we didn't see much of in their first year, that we'll see explode next season.(Waters I'm looking at you:abq1:) We have a very good coaching staff that has grown with their players, and has shown the ability to coach when it matters most.

I'm looking forward to next season with high expectations. Not only the players, but I think that we've all learned something as fans this year, me especially. After the one and three start I didn't think we were going farther than the wildcard round, and yet the team proved to be tougher than I. They will only grow from this season, and next year they will be the team that has seen it all. They will play with ruthless efficiency, and I see bright things in the future.

New England
    New York
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Carolina
    Tampa Bay
    Indianapolis
    Pittsburgh
    Kansas City
    Denver
    Oakland

Watch out, the Chargers are coming:bolt:

:abq2::abq1::flag:

12. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I feel a perfect season coming on. Pittsburg and Indy will be the only tough ones. Yup, I already overlooked the Patsies.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    Fuk them. Kick their collective assed off the wagon and then back up over the fukers a few times.

Kind of like in that scene from the move "The Car".

14. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    Good post. :tup:

15. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Great Post!