1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You be AJ...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    What do you do right now to right his ship? Do you swing a trade for more beef up front? Is it even possible? Who has trade value right now and what are you willing to give up to win this year? Who's available from the free agent trash heap?

Main objective is to inject some beef upfront ASAP and before the trade deadline. So put on your GM caps and come up with some realistic scenarios for the Bolts. Who knows maybe AJ will read this thread and follow your suggestions.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Make Cleveland an offer they can't refuse for Shaun Rodgers. The man blocked an extra point AND a field goal against Cincy. :icon_eek:

It's also known that he and Mangini do not care for each other.

3. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    From what AJ said i doubt hes going to swings any trades...Hes calling the team out and whats to see if they'll respond.

Looks bad right now, but i think the players will turn this around.

If the team doesn't respond and reguardless what happens to AJ, Norv will be gone after the season.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I think he will make a trade. If another guy goes down, we are Fu**ed even more.

I love Shaun Rogers. Dude has had at least 10 blocked kicks or more in his career. :icon_eek:

That's just the type of thing to fire up a defense on the field.

Screw it, TRADE FOR JARED ALLEN !!!!

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    We're supposed to keep it realistic. Ok, Shaun Rogers sounds doable. But who or what do we part with?

6. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Trade foe Shaun Rodgers or Jon Henderson.

Maybe look at Schobel too.

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    When he was a fa I was begging for the guy, but he is a 43 guy, I didn't care then and I don't care now.

8. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Cleveland would have to be STUPID to trade Shaun Rogers. I don't see it happening.

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Who can we trade for an offensive line? :icon_shrug:

10. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    Shaun Rogers is my hope too. Probably not realistic, but possible.

They just gave up a reciever to the Jets...we have Buster Davis just sitting there, on the inactive list every game.

So that might entice them...however it is clearly not anywhere near enough. I've heard people mentioning trading Cromartie for him...however that leaves us short, and we're already shorthanded at corner. So if that happened, we'd need to demand a corner in return, which would put us back in the hole a bit.

Shaun Rogers for a pick (2nd or 3rd) and Buster Davis

Shaun Rogers and CB Hank Poteat for Buster Davis, Antonio Cromartie, and a 5th or 6th rounder.

(This would give us a vet corner who can play the slot, and slide Cason over to the other starting position) We can activate Gary Banks from the practice squad to take the "inactive" reciever spot. Plus Rogers is signed to a longer term deal.

Cleveland would get a starter at two possible positions, and a draft pick, for giving up one starter and a backup.

11. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    No need to. Go sign Mark Tauscher, if he's healthy. Put him at RT, Clary to back-up, and Dombrowski back to the PS (no one will pick him up)

12. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    I would hire myself to coach the team for a cushy 10 million 3 year deal...

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    :yes::icon_rofl::yes:

15. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    And then you could just edit every thread with norv in it and insert your own.:lol

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'll sign that memo for either one. Too bad AJ won't do it......

17. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Go after a safety from a struggling team. I like what weddle has done, but still inconsistent. We need an upgrade with the 3-4 on the field. Someone who strikes just a bit of fear into the running game of others. I wish we'd tried to get Bernard Pollard but he's in Houston now. Looking around Donte Whitner looks good from Buffalo, but comes at a hefty price. We have a talented group of linebackers, and they seem to need an upgrade there.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    You dance with the one who brung you, if they can't fill the bill change it. What the fawk is so hard about that????????????????

19. CasualKnowledge

Ratings:
    +19
    It sounds like I'm mixing up SS and FS, but I'd really like to see Weddle play more instictively and have a harder hitting SS on early downs. Sounds like they might let Kevin Ellison play a bit more. I heard his name once or twice at the Miami game. Against teams that don't have the big play threat he can probably do some things as a young safety.

20. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Cleveland trades Shaun Rogers to the Bolts, I will shave my head.:yes:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    If I were AJ, none of you could hang in an intelligent conversation. I'd come in here and ream your ***. I'm not so I'm in the same boat as y'all.

22. CasualKnowledge

Ratings:
    +19
    In this thread you are AJ though. So ream everyone and everything.

23. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    If I were AJ I would just say that my team sucks and it is on them to improve...wait a minute. Seriously I wouldn't do anything crazy in the form of trading any draft picks for somebody....I would however put D Sproles and Merriman on the block and deal them off to the highest bidder (actually I would have done this LAST off season). I would not mortgage off future draft picks to rent a vet for a year, unless it was somebody that you couldn't go wrong with like a Shaun Rogers type guy but I think that is highly unrealistic. If anything I would try to collect as many draft picks as possible for the upcoming draft--wait to see who is going to hit the FA market this upcoming year.

I am kind of hungry though so the thought of trading Buster Davis for 2 99 cent tacos at Jack in the Box sounds enticing.

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Since the Mangenious (snort) is willing to trade players for nothing (Edwards got traded for basically nothing) I'd see if we could swing Buster Davis, Jyles Tucker and a third rounder for Shaun Rodgers.

The other player I'd look for maybe is Marcus Stroud?

Here's the thing, I wanna keep most if not all my picks because there's a prototypical 3-4 NT out there in the draft, Terrance Cody, that I'd seriously think about making a move for in the draft

25. CasualKnowledge

Ratings:
    +19

Cody is good, i mentioned him in another thread, but there is a reason saban doesn't play him on 3rd down. besides, he's probably mid first round, and we'd probably have to tank or trade to get him.

26. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

Mid first round? We'll get there easily at the rate we're going.

27. CasualKnowledge

Ratings:
    +19
    Trade the best return guy and best change of pace back in the game? you best ream yourself aj.

Doesn't anybody see the drafting\scouting talent seriously dropping off if AJ leaves?

28. NatroneMeansBusiness

Ratings:
    +11

Umm yeah...Do you honestly think he is going to be on the Chargers past this year???? The answer to that question is NO. Some other team is going pay big for him, and with our DL and OL playing like utter dog sh1t we need to spend funds addressing these glaring holes. We might as well get something for him now instead of letting him walk for nothing how we did with Michael Turner.

29. CasualKnowledge

Ratings:
    +19
    Oh, well ****, who else only has a year on their contract? Let's get rid of all of them now so we don't lose out. In fact... fire sale, Vincent Jackson... sorry but I don't want to feel like I didn't get anything for you, so I'm gonna trade you now. Current and future players, remember this so that you're not disappointed down the road.

I still think some players have loyalty, and I think Sproles is one of those guys. We'll review that next year though Nostradamus.

30. NatroneMeansBusiness

Ratings:
    +11
    That's not even close to being a legitimate comparison. Vince is a proven number one WR in this league and D Sproles is exactly what you said a change of pace guy. We slapped him with the tag this year, and next upcoming year he is going command the dough because he knows he is going to get it be it with us or elsewhere.