1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

You call it: what new and exciting way will the Chargers lose this week?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Can we get ahead by at least 10, have a sideline 15 yard penalty and then.... hmmm...
    We already fumbled on a run
    Fumbled on a pass
    Fumbled a fg hike

Oh! I know... how about a safety, shank kick with Score in the last 20 seconds... 2 point conversion then lose in OT on a failed on side kick attempt?

What's your scenario?

2. woodeye

woodeye Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Bronco punt return to the house.

Kaser booms one--outkicks his coverage.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Samuel

Samuel Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Bolts up 24-14 in the fourth, Rivers gets 2nd stupid unsportsmanlike penalty and thrown out, Clemens gets picked on a play where he throws a hospital ball at Benjamin, bounces into a defenders hands, and then runs right past a bunch of chargers with no interest in tackling him. Later he gets strip sacked for a game tying field goal. And then with 1:00 to go Kaser fumbles the punt.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I think it's time for a blowout loss

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Boltman runs out onto the field sacks the Donks QB and breaks his leg on their game winning drive in the final seconds......Chargers are penalized to forfeit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Bolts up 24-14 in the fourth, Rivers gets 2nd stupid unsportsmanlike penalty and thrown out, Clemens gets picked on a play where he throws a hospital ball at Benjamin, bounces into a defenders hands, and then runs right past a bunch of chargers with no interest in tackling him. Later he gets strip sacked for a game tying field goal. And then with 1:00 to go M. Gordon shouts "I will not fumble!!!" as he drops the ball on the Bronco 10 yard line. Elway then secretly replaces the football with one made of flubber, and Broncos kick 107 yard winning field goal!

p.s. Lest anyone accuse me of possibly kinda plagiarizing part of my prediction,
    I'll have you know that I worked it out, from scratch, with my bff Melania!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Extra points for the use of flubber....

8. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    unfortunately now that the season is over and we can start tanking for pick we will find a way to win some meaningless games to screw us out of a top pick

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +535
    Same old bullshit... down three late in the game (after pissing away a 10 point lead) with 4th and less than 1. Kick a FG and it this time, and tie the game up with 2 min left. Defense allows them into FG range after a good return and they kick a game winner with 15 seconds left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Samuel

Samuel Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Don't forget the PI call on Steve Williams

11. ChargersDepressYou

ChargersDepressYou BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    This would be less depressing, sadly.

12. Strike Em' Out

Strike Em' Out BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    This is how bad it is. This is a genuine thought; How will we f_ck it up this week? It's like the first thing I thought about when Kubiak was reported to be out of actions due to migraines.

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    No amount of fertile imagination and suggestions will be a match for the Chargers' propensity to further embarrass themselves in a Nationally televised game!

14. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +184
    Down 24-21 in the 4th with 30 seconds on the clock. Chargers ball. Screen pass to Gordon who breaks free, running down the sideline with nothing in front of him but the end zone. Gordon trips on McCoy's foot, whose standing too close to the field, not paying attention while ferociously scribbling in his journal. Gordon fumbles, ball stays in bounds, recovered by Denver, game over.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Blood would flow...

16. Boltz_from_Oz

Boltz_from_Oz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +143
    It's gotta be a blocked punt returned for a TD

17. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I expect to be blown out, about 45 -7

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Watch us beat the Broncos this week :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hgrove99

Hgrove99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Icing on the cake will be just like 2006, INT for the win only to be fumbled....because last week I screamed "can it get any worse!?" yes, yes it will

20. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I say the Chargers beat the oddsmakers, and screw up everyone else's betting line by winning when they were picked to lose!

21. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    I think that around the league, many casual fans will expect Broncos to be a huge favorite,
    given the 4-1 v. 1-4 records. But the Chargers (bizarrely) have more net points...
    and are only 3 to 3.5 underdogs. Which I think is about right.
    Everything we've seen in '16 suggests Chargers will play well early, give Denver a scare, then collapse.

Chargers have been punching above their weight...an unknown, unimpressive roster posting
    surprisingly competitive games (it helps that most were against bad teams).
    Hmmm...must be excellent coaching to get such performances out of such a roster.
    Oh crap, did I say that?!? Sorry.
    Improved fan narrative: McCoy fumbles frequently and made Rivers wildly inaccurate that one day. :p

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  22. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +535
    Or they're a decently talented team punching at their weight and being sabotaged by an incompetent head coach ;).

23. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I think a early week and with how we've lost in the past. I think the team gives McCoy the 1st quarter before the blowout begins. I just can't see how Rivers keeps us a float against Denver's Defense and our Run defense.

24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Just a tidbit, Chargers run defense is currently ranked 8th in the league. Passing defense is ranked 27th. Chargers also have the second highest scoring offense, and the 5th highest ranked passing offense. It's only the losses that don't make any sense.

25. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    That is because they have had the lead in almost every game, teams tend to pass more when they're losing.

26. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I wouldn't say that.

We should be 4-1, not 1-4. We couldn't close out the Chiefs game. When a competent head coach, Andy Reid and his staff, go into half time and makes adjustments. The Chiefs come out swinging in the 2nd half, and McCoy and his staff have no answer.

The meltdowns against the Colts (1-4) and Saints (1-4) were embarrassing and they could of won this game in Oakland. So, at worst this team should be 4-1. Well coached teams don't lose games they have no business in losing. I mean a 0.0000034 percent chance of losing all four of those games, that is not talent, at least to me.

27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Yeah...that theory still conveniently pretends that the player chokes didn't really happen...but okay. :rolleyes:

McCoy actually lost the Chief game. That's huge. HCs rarely actually win or lose a game.

The other games were decently coached, getting more out of this "meh" roster than could be expected,
    but with one maddening, consistent failure: constant & inexcusable (and costly) unnecessary time-outs.
    That is mostly on coaching. But most of the other fan hysteria is merely that...looking for an easy scapegoat...

28. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +535
    I understand that oftentimes fan hysteria will lead to blaming coaches for things that clearly are not their fault. Again-- not my goal to try and prove that we're a SB roster. But we are easily good enough to have swept this easy start to the schedule and being in striking distance of double digit wins. That said, McCoy sucks and it is equally bullshitty to say that timeouts are his only shortcoming and the rest is hysteria.

I will give McCoy credit for his gameplanning this season. They come in on offense ready and able to move the ball every week. Now then, once games get going McCoy falls apart. You mentioned his unfortunate calling of timeouts. There's also the fact that almost every week this season (and in the past) the opposing staff adjusts in the second half and McCoy has very little idea how to counter. In big spots, he never has the guts to take a calculated risk.

He has been doing this same turtle bullshit for 3+ years and it is constantly blowing up in our faces. Most analytics people will tell you that the NFL is too conservative in general. They would end up scoring more by being more aggressive. Now I don't think it's that simple, but it's absolutely true that most coaches should go for it more.

The thing about McCoy is that he makes most conservative coaches look risky. He is the worst of the worst in this regard. And he's incapable of learning. Rocky Long recently said he coaches that way for a couple years to start his HC career. Then he realized that all that ultra conservative, "by the book" nonsense was not something that the best coaches paid attention to and he threw it out. McCoy has had adequate time to show he can figure that out and he hasn't. He has to go, and there is a good chance that a replacement will yield improvement and wins. Heck, I bet this team is 4-1 or 3-2 with Whisenhunt at this point.

29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    It rains.
    Chargers up by 7 and have to punt and Kaser gets run into, but they don't throw the flag.
    McCoy loses his mind and runs on the field and gets a 15 yrd penatly.
    Broncos with great field position drive down and tie the game.
    Chargers roll down the field, Broncos D is gassed.
    McCoy pulls back the reigns when they get into field position and calls a timeout.
    3 up the gut for little to no gain.
    Sends out Rambo for the 45 yarder on a mucky field and its just wide right as time expires.

Denver gets the ball in OT and drives down for the TD and the win.

30. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That wasn't McTurtle's foot it was either his tail, (if he's a Snapping McTurtle) or a far more likely scenario, it was the time honoured, dreaded .....

[​IMG]